Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:52:28 PM

Author Topic: Mcode does not run from Gcode nor MDI  (Read 675 times)

Mcode does not run from Gcode nor MDI
« on: August 16, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »
Hi,
yesterday I updated to the latest build of Mach4Hobby and ESS plugin.

Now I have a problem that my macros will not run from either a Gcode file nor MDI, despite the macros running properly if I use
the Lua editor.

I feel there is something basic I'm missing.....and cannot for the life of me remember what it is.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Mcode does not run from Gcode nor MDI
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »
Hi,
think I've solved the problem.

I installed a new version of Mach but before I did so I saved and copied my original entire Mach4Hobby folder as an archive.
Once I had installed the new version I imported my profile from the archived folder. All my original macros, including the .mcs
AND .mcc files came across. What did not travel over was the mcLua.mcc file.

My understanding is that this is the compiled version of all the macros combined into one chunk and it is this file that Mach uses at runtime.

What I did was to delete all .mcc files from my Profile/Macros folder and restarted Mach. Mach very nicely recognised that there were no
complied files on which to operate and so proceeded to compile them all including mcLua.mcc. Now Mach will run Mcodes from
either a Gcode file OR MDI....I'm back in business.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mcode does not run from Gcode nor MDI
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 08:39:46 PM »
You are getting too good at this, Craig.  Your diagnosis was spot on. 

The installer will delete all of the *.mcc files in every profile directory.  This, in the event a LUA version changed, would cause the *.mcc files to be rebuilt.  But after you installed, you copied your old *.mcc files, which basically defeated the installer's delete.  So I think you just figured out why "sometimes" it appeared the installer didn't work. 

Steve