Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:18:06 AM

Author Topic: x2 Stepper Motors Run, x2 Do Not. What Would Cause This?  (Read 1596 times)

x2 Stepper Motors Run, x2 Do Not. What Would Cause This?
« on: August 06, 2021, 11:51:50 AM »
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Wright CNC 5x10 table with stepper motors. Currently the left stepper motor for the "Y" axis operates but the right stepper does not, nor does the "X" axis motor spin. The "Z" axis stepper motor works fine. So two out of four motors are operating. I tested the right stepper motor with the cables for the operating left stepper motor and it functions, so not a bad motor. This leads me to believe it has something to do with either the Mach3 program settings, the controller box that intermediates between the computer and table, or a combination of both.

Important to note that when initially launching Mach3 and after hitting the reset button on screen once, I get this "External EStop Requested" message, which prevents me from zeroing x,y,z and locks up the table completely. Only when I modify the "Input Signals" for the EStop am I able to get pass that message and move two out of four motors.

Has anyone ever had something odd like this happen before? The table motors and controls were working fine up until a week ago or so when the computer started getting wonky, nonstop-resetting etc. But I believe I fixed that as it hasn't done that for awhile but now I can't get the table to move like it used to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Re: x2 Stepper Motors Run, x2 Do Not. What Would Cause This?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »
Did you ever find a solution?