Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 06:07:40 AM

Author Topic: Looking for Support  (Read 828 times)

Offline jtd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
Looking for Support
« on: July 23, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »
I am looking for a individual or organization that provides remote support (PAID TECH SUPPORT)through Team Viewer (or similar program).   I have a lathe that uses Mach4 that has POKEYS57 Ethernet interface.  I shifted to computers and having a Network problem.  Mach4 Does not see the Pokeys motion controller.  The machine worked fine before shifting computers and I have a copy of the MACH Directory off the old computer.
 I tried getting paid support from ARTSOFT, but they just told me to go to Polabs for support.  I have contacted Polabs but there has been no response yet.  I figured there is someone with a lot more experience with Mach4 and Pokeys57 than me that would be able to get this problem fixed.
  Let me know id anyone is interested or has a lead of someone that may be willing to give a hand.

Re: Looking for Support
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »
what steps did you already did  to install the pockeys?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »
is the network cable (ethernet) connected directly to the computer from the pokeys controller?

if so, you need to manually assign a static ip address in windows network config.
the manual says it needs to be in the range of 192.168.###.###, so 192.168.0.20 should work fine. 

then in the pokeys configuration software you just put that same ip address for the controller.

here is a link to a good guide for setting a static ip address in windows:
Code: [Select]
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/919/

if the motion controller is not directly connected to the computer (ie through a switch or router) it should just automatically assign an ip via DHCP.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:52:15 PM by compewter_numerical »
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »
Did you run the Po-blocks software .It should be able to find see and allow you to configure your system . Are you using win10 or 7 ?