Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:03:19 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Homing and Machine Coordinates  (Read 2974 times)

Re: Mach4 Homing and Machine Coordinates
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »
So I have tried the Ref All, and the machine coordinates are still out of range of the soft limits.

Someone yesterday in another forum suggested G92.  So I tried that, but the machine coordinates still remain out of range of the soft limits until I exit Mach 4 and restart the app.  Then it's fine. 

So I'm still looking for an answer.  But when I get homing switches installed, the routine that runs that must be either resetting the soft limits or reset the machine coordinates.  I have not heard anyone saying their soft limits in the configure dialog box move around, so the auto homing must be getting the machine coordinates in range.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:22:11 PM by tebawg »
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 01:41:36 AM »
Hi

So I'm still looking for an answer.

Have you activated HomeInPlace in the Homing/Limits tab of the control plugin?. Without Home switches this is mandatory to have
the machine coordinates set to zero.

When you <RefAll> then your machine coordinates should all be zero....that's what referencing means.
If your SoftLimts DO NOT INCLUDE machine coordinate zero then you are programming Mach incorrectly, the Home position MUST be
in the range of your SoftLimits.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »
Can you post a screenshot of your homing/soft limits tab in the config screen?
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 10:00:01 AM »

Sure.  I'll post some tonight.  But the soft limits are working. Travel to the far extents does show soft limits kicking in.  It's just that I have to quit mach4 after positioning it at the home position and then restart mach4.

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
If you're homing using "Home in Place", as Craig has been talking about, and after homing you have non-zero machine cooords then it sounds like there are some home offsets being applied? In that case after restarting Mach4, I believe you'd then see machine coords of zero.

The screenshot would show if that's the case.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 10:41:14 AM »

Here is the screen config tab: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sv9vn1ykybOpe3F0-gMe6xGY59h8g6Gy/view?usp=sharing

Scenarios below: 1) works, 2) limits are out of range 3) bad burst move on wrong axis

1) If I move the stage from center to min positions by jogging with X-,Y- and Z-; quit Mach4; restart Mach4; press Reference All Axes; see dialog that “Referencing is complete”, press Soft Limits On – things work find.  X- does not move.  X+ move goes to the expected limit and stops. 

2) If I have Mach4 loaded up and the machine turned on with its stage in the center; to min positions by jogging with X-,Y- and Z-; do not quit Mach4; do not restart Mach4; press Reference All Axes; see dialog that “Referencing is complete”, press zero X,Y,Z, press Soft Limits On – X- acts like X+ at a slower jog rate because the machine coordinates did not zero.

3) If I have Mach4 loaded up and the machine turned on with its stage in the center; to min positions by jogging with X-,Y- and Z-; do not quit Mach4; do not restart Mach4; press Reference All Axes; see dialog that “Referencing is complete”, do not press zero X,Y,Z, press Soft Limits On – X- suddenly jerks the Y in the positive direction over an inch.  In fact drops Y which was at -1.2 inches and appears to have taken it to zero.  So it might have traveled the full 1.2 inches and it does it fast.