Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:45 AM

Author Topic: Corel Draw 12 or X3 Trace Question  (Read 4349 times)

Corel Draw 12 or X3 Trace Question
« on: April 07, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
Hopefully there's some fellow Corel users on this list that can give me some pointers about coverting DXF files to Mach2. 

I have the new Corel X3 Trace which is suppose to be one of the best if not the best programs now availabe for converting images into a centerline form and saved in a DXF format.  It is a slick program and works great compared to other stuff I've seen on the market.

When I import a DXF converted Corel file from their Trace X3 module into Mach2 it looks great on the screen.  But when I push the Generate G Code button for converstion it only converts a quadrant or specific area of the original DXF file.  Almost like it picks the bottom or center 1/3 of the image and only converts that part and ignores the rest of the image even though everything appears to have the exact same intensity or outline when on screen. 

I've converted other DXF file entries before using a previous version Corel Draw 9 with decent success especially with a few choice EPS formats but this one has me stumped.

I noticed the DXF entry MaxX and MaxY are much smaller than my DXF image.  It appears these are setup automatically when you bring in an image and for whatever reason they continue to be about 1/3 of these images. 

Are there any other Corel users that can point me to the possible culprit or is this a Mach2 DXF conversion problem?  FYI: I'm converting or trying to convert several of their clip art images which are in gray scale or already just b/w.   ???
Re: Corel Draw 12 or X3 Trace Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »
Hello,

There have been many problems with Corel's DXF conversions in the past.  In addition, they don't export circles as circles, arcs as arcs, etc.  I have been working on an open source DXF export that is CAD / CNC oriented.  It is written in CDR 12 VBA.  Perhaps you would like to collaborate with me further on this?  I am attaching the latest version here.

-James
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »
Sure thing...  Just let know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Is this software from ArtSoft or something you've developed on your own?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
Hello,

This is something that I have developed.

-James
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »
After several attempts I was unable to open this zip file.  Could you just email me the file in normal format to genelectron2000@yahoo.com  ..

Thanks! ;D
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:07:06 PM »
Hi Gene,

Yes, I have done this with some sample files too.

-James