Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:13:43 PM

Author Topic: Chains and nodes in lazycam  (Read 1521 times)

Chains and nodes in lazycam
« on: June 28, 2021, 02:31:39 PM »
Hi, I know is  dead software but is only one that is ridiculously fast and simple for my job . I cut styrofoam profiles.
My problem is image 1 (styrofoam1) after I clean it it remains some extra chains despite that my dxf is one single closed loop.
That happens on windows 7 64 bit PC and on my laptop with Win10 64bit. Same dxf on my other PC with Windows 7 32bit is like image 2 (styrofoam 2)
What can I do to solve the problem on 64bit systems?
I thought it was from windows update and newer c ++ libraries but I tried to install the same ones that are on win7 32bit without luck!
Please help !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 02:46:08 PM by ionapostol »
Re: Chains and nodes in lazycam
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 11:54:48 AM »
I noticed that this is not happening when in dxf file is only straight lines. When in dxf file is circle or circle arc then somehow lazycam don't clean up the drawing and multiple chains occur !
Re: Chains and nodes in lazycam
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 01:57:14 AM »
I lost my shop to a fire a couple of years ago, so it has been awhile since I have used LazyCAM. But I think that you should experiment with different settings in the Extents option of LC. However, I can't remember whether higher Extents yield better results, but I think it was lower Extents settings, that eliminated the "Crop Circles" that otherwise results.