Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:37:18 PM

Author Topic: UC 100 controller, Mach 3 and Nema Motors  (Read 793 times)

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
UC 100 controller, Mach 3 and Nema Motors
« on: June 26, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
Cannot get Mach 3 to activate Nema Motors under USB Controller UC100CNC.  Followed UC100 installation instructions to a tee and no error messages or crashes,  however Nema Motors do not run.  Have all correct lights on and displayed,  but no activation of motors.  Does this have something to do with Windows 10 ---there are not many clues --- need assistance.   

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: UC 100 controller, Mach 3 and Nema Motors
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »
First are the motors energised, e.g. can you turn them by hand when powered up.

If you can :-

Do you have the enable on the drivers connected?

If you do remove them.  If not connect them and make sure the uc100 is controlling them.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 08:42:31 PM »
yes, the motors can be turned by hand when motors are off and also when on.
Don't understand what your last comments are pointed to.
I have contacted this forum to find out if anyone else has had the same problem/results that I have had on and with a Windows 10/Mach 3/ UC100 usb controller.  There are no error messages, warnings, stalls or anything else except for the fact that the motors do not run--all the lights on  the driver boards and the controller BOB are lit --I do not  get a crash, a stall, warning or error message--only get lack of response from the 4 Nema motors.  I can get the screws to turn by hand with screws attached/fixed to the motor shafts. Surely with the large number of  UC100 customers there is not 100 Percent  success in every attempt to use the UC100 controller  and according to net comments .  Any comments, recommendations or success stories will be appreciated. Thanks very much

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 09:45:59 PM »
In most cases if you have power to the Stepper drivers and the step and direction pin outs are correct then it is the enable line to the stepper drivers that is causing the issue.  When you enable the drives the motors will be very hard to near impossible to turn.

Some pictures of the setup showing the drives and UC100 connections will help diagnose the issue.
Without engineers the world stops