Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:17:23 AM

Author Topic: tool digs in  (Read 900 times)

tool digs in
« on: June 24, 2021, 02:54:18 AM »
I am using V Carve Desktop 10.5 while machining a sign the (Cncest CNC 6040) will cut the required depth for half the lettering then for no reason will automatically cut up to 3mm deeper. I haven't a clue what is going on, maybe I should reload my mach3 or V Carve program. Any help will be appreciated. 
REgards  Jim

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: tool digs in
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 10:24:30 PM »
Is this a new build/machine or has it been run before with out this problem.

If its new I would slow down the Z axis and give it moor acceleration time, it could be the head is missing steps on the rapid up moves.

Are the Z axis slides well lubricated?

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 02:59:37 AM »
Graham
I have found the problem after pulling the Z axis apart found that the ball nut and lead screw had 3-4 mm of play the steel nut has a nylon nut about 5 mm thick at each end one of these had come loose, the ball nut and the lead screw have the 3-4 mm of play and the nylon nuts must be designed to take up the slack. I have looked up the net and cannot find anywhere to buy a new nut or a screw and nut as the screw is 11.5 mm most likely 12mm will have to keep trying to find a replacement. Thanks for your reply. Jim

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 02:22:22 AM »
I looked up the site you sent however after setting up the router I find the  Z axis works fine without any slack however the problem is still there. You mentioned slowing down the axis again no joy It would appear that when pecking the x axis clunks and the tool digs in. What do you think ?

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 09:17:30 PM »
Stop procrastinating and fix you machine mechanics before you go any further.