Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:37:08 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 homing sequence freeze  (Read 677 times)

Mach 4 homing sequence freeze
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:40:29 AM »
Hello guys, My name is Robert, and new to this forum, I encountered an issue and kindly need your support.

I will describe my hardware first:
I am building a hotwire foam cutter machine with 2000mm X travel, 1600mm Y travel, it is built on a rectangular frame with linear rails, I got 4 stepper motors with belt drive on X Axis (2 on the bottom left, right and 2 on top left, right) and 2 stepper motors with belt drive on Y, total of 6 motors with 6 induction limit switches, 1 on each individual motor, (the reason for this is I need the machine to auto square while homing, also later after I figure out the post processor with fusion 360, will want to use the machine for 3D cuts, with 4 axis moving independently.
My software setup is Mach4, AXBB-E motion controller with UCSB single port breakout board, I had very good luck so far with setup, as I am running a CNC router as well on the same hardware for wood cutting.

AXBB-E plugin step/dir:
X-Axis Port 1
Motor 1: pulse pin 9/ dir pin 10
Motor 2: pulse pin 11/ dir pin 12
Motor 3: pulse pin 13/ dir pin 14
Motor 4: pulse pin 15/ dir pin 16
Y-Axis Port 3 (UCSB)
Motor 5: pulse pin 6/ dir pin 7
Motor 6: pulse pin 8/ dir pin 9

Mach4 Axis mapping:
X: Motor 0; Motor 1; Motor 2; Motor 3;
Y: Motor 4; Motor 5;

Mach 4 input signals (port 2)
Motor 0 Home: pin 1
Motor 1 Home: pin 2
Motor 2 Home: pin 3
Motor 3 Home: pin 4
Motor 4 Home: pin 5
Motor 5 Home: pin 6
Switches wired active low.

Here is my issue:
Mach 4 locks up while doing the homing sequence, it moves the X Axis in negative direction until hits each limit switch, squares up the Y vertical axis perfectly, then it starts the Y homing and when the last limit switch is enabled, mach4 freezes telling Y limit switch tripped, then I hit reset, try moving the axis up or X positive, X goes in negative direction a little bit hits the hard stop on the frame, then starts moving in the positive direction (like a weird bug) The wiring is 100% good because I tried reversing the axis in the setup in all combinations tried to have the Y axis motors switched with X, then the Y homing sequence works, but it fails at the las switch on X, it always seems to fail on the 6th sensor with motor 5, I spent a whole night and day trying to debug this, went trough a clean windows reinstall and mach4 setup. I tried looking into the script, but without any luck since I'm not very good at coding. Online I can't seem to find any information on this topic either, I'm out of ideas, so I'm here if maybe someone more experienced could help me, I would much appreciate!!!
I will provide more info, just ask whatever you need to know more, also pictures or videos are not a problem if needed.

Thank you alot!
Robert.