Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:39:40 PM

Author Topic: mach2 but not mach3?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline geh1

•  8 8
  • Playground
    • View Profile
mach2 but not mach3?
« on: April 07, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
  I am involved in converting my mill to cnc and am having some problems with the software.
Currently using demo versions to test outputs and breakout board. I was able to get full function using parallel port output with mach2 however when I try to setup mach3 in the same manner I cannot get any output to port. All settings for ports and pins are the same any ideas on what I am missing?I am interested in testing features of mach3 before buying.
  Running xp pro on a hp pavilion.                          
                                                                        Thanks for your time!  -G-
Trying to get it right!
Re: mach2 but not mach3?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »
Hello G,

I just set up Mach3 and ran into the same issue.  If you go to the ports & pins setup screen for Motor Outputs and look over to the far right, you will see cells that indicate which port to use for step and dir.  The default was 0 for my installation.  I set them to 1 to match the port number of the parallel port I am using and started getting output.

You may have already tried this but, if not, I hope this works for you.

Ed
Re: mach3
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »
Hi I am running Mach3 on mini ITX pc with win2000pro. this is driving a 3 axis portable routing mc.have used screen 4 to wright screen set, am using psone 720 x 576 screen with 6 input buttons. please can anyone help with VB script to shut down Mach3 & close win 2000pro. many thanks Paul Strotten From the UK
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »
There is an OEM code to do that and I think it is 720... I will get back to you.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:56 AM »
thanks Brian, Art has addvised me OEM code is 705.

and works well . thankyou for your time

regards Paul

Offline geh1

•  8 8
  • Playground
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 11:52:23 PM »
Hey guys thanks for the help, I'm up and running with outputs now it's down to th e fine tuning.
Recievedn my M-2 breakout board this afternoon.
 Just ordered my drives and stepper motors!
Trying to get it right!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »
Great you are going to have chip all over the shop in no time :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com