Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:16:16 AM

Author Topic: Connection Lost with CSMIO/IP-S  (Read 1614 times)

Connection Lost with CSMIO/IP-S
« on: May 25, 2021, 03:38:15 AM »
Hello Everyone !

Well, here is my problem : I am a student (first trouble), and I am using a CS LAB CSMIO/IP-S through Mach4 on Windows 10. When I launch Mach4, I select the CSMIO, but right after that, it says the connection is lost (cf. picture). Sometimes I can connect about 5 minutes without trouble...

I tried to use Mach3, and it works perfectly with it. I noticed the software recognised a different serial number than the one under the CSMIO. So I contacted CS LAB, they said the serial number under the controller is good, but not the one displayed on the computer. They purposed me to send the CSMIO back to us, but it is something I can't think about for now...

Something weird too : when I ping 10.1.1.2 on Windows, sometimes it doesn't succeed to reach the controller (it happens approximately once each 5-6 ping request). So I tried to ping with a Linux ditribution, and I don't have any errors. I guess Windows has some firewall or security protection... I looked over the group policy, but didn't find something interesting to change, I just tried to disable every firewall and protection, unsuccessfully.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide !

Have a nice day  :)

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,671 2,671
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Connection Lost with CSMIO/IP-S
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »
I ended up using win7 pro because I could not get a reliable machine on windows 10, I run on an old atom based machine now and no problems.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 05:19:38 AM »
have you tried with SimCNC?
if you have the same problem then CSMIO is to be sent for repair.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
Hi,

I had the nearly the same problem with win 10 pro. Please try to turn off the power management setting on a network adapter.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adapter.

And install mach4 ver4612 and make an update on csmio software. Ver4612 works well with the new CSMIO Version  3.307, created on 10 February 2020.
https://en.cs-lab.eu/technical-support/download/manuals-firmware-plugin/csmio-series-manuals-and-firmware-plugin/csmioipm-firmware-updates-download/

I hope it works.

regards
Jochen (from Germany)

GOOMBA

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:31:30 AM »
Hello,
The CS Labs team will be releasing a plugin with a few fixes in a couple days (I don't believe it will solve this issue I just wanted to mention it.)
As for this issue I agree with Joschnitker you should look at your network cards power management settings and see if you have better luck.
I know the plugin will communicate even with the current sketchy version as I have been using it.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »
Hi,

First, thank you very much for all your answers !

I ended up using win7 pro because I could not get a reliable machine on windows 10, I run on an old atom based machine now and no problems.
I tried to run Mach4 on Windows 7, but I have the same issue...

have you tried with SimCNC?
if you have the same problem then CSMIO is to be sent for repair.
I can't use SIMCNC because it needs a correct serial number, and the one detected by the software is not the one written under the CSMIO. Indeed a CS Labs person told me to send the CSMIO back to them for repair, it will probably be.

I had the nearly the same problem with win 10 pro. Please try to turn off the power management setting on a network adapter.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/power-management-on-network-adapter.

And install mach4 ver4612 and make an update on csmio software. Ver4612 works well with the new CSMIO Version  3.307, created on 10 February 2020.
https://en.cs-lab.eu/technical-support/download/manuals-firmware-plugin/csmio-series-manuals-and-firmware-plugin/csmioipm-firmware-updates-download/
Unfortunately, it doesn't come from the power management too, I already turned it of for the ethernet controller... I tried the version 4612, without success, maybe the new CSMIO firmware will bring better luck.

Well, thank you again for your help, I guess it is a problem with the ethernet motion controller. I just wonder how could Mach3 establish the connection, maybe Mach4 ask for the serial number at the beginning of the communication (possibly stupid theory)

Anyway monday I should have an IP/M, I will test to run with it, and I will keep you informed.

Have a nice week-end  :)