Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:18:07 AM

Author Topic: Torch will not Move  (Read 580 times)

Torch will not Move
« on: May 09, 2021, 03:23:36 PM »
Using Sheetcam with Pricecnc THC to Mach4. Problem is, loaded Pricecnc post into Sheetcam load on practice piece into Mach4 started the cut. It went down to probe, fired the torch and sat there, torch on and didn't move. I am new to my DIY plasma table and cnc. I don't know where to go to now.
Re: Torch will not Move
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 08:43:37 PM »
Hi svieau
I'm a plasma cutter but I use a different system to you (ESS and TMC3in1). Do you have an "arc ok signal" to tell Mach 4 the torch fired ok? I guess if it is just sitting there Mach doesn't know the torch has fired and is waiting.
Steve
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
I do have arc OK signal and it works. Playing with it last night I went into the Post and changed some of it that was in there. Not knowing a lot about      g-codes but erasing some of the commands I got it to work. Now I will have to clean up some of the post. It came all out of Sheetcam and the cutting rules. I will have to change it to each job that I do. How I found it was one code in the post would not let the torch to move so I changed it. Then it started to work (making a simple polygon) it would stop the cut about an inch before the corner and start backup on the next run about one inch past. It was the cutting rules that did that so I erased it and it worked fine. This is the first time that I had my table to work, I built over a year ago. Got to learn the cutting rules and g-codes. Thanks for the help.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
Good to hear it's working now. Have some fun and yes the cut rules will have a big effect on how well your height control will work.
Steve