Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:18:52 PM

Author Topic: Issues with motor controls  (Read 1474 times)

Issues with motor controls
« on: April 30, 2021, 06:49:57 PM »
Good day  very stuck at the moment.
I have a windows 7 32 bit with pci parallel port table is run by cnc4pc c10 parallel adapter leadshire 452 drivers and motors are 8 wire no name. 

I have worked thru several issues but struggling with this one.  Communication between cpu and table is good. When I am testing motor response using hot keys or alt tab screen. The motor respond to the positive side most of the time but the negative buttons are rare looks like motors think about doing something then don’t. Occasionally when I push y or x positive I can have 3 motors respond 1 from each axis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have read thru mach3 manual and watched several set up videos and followed all steps and don’t seem to help. 

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with motor controls
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 05:16:05 AM »
have you ever checked your parallel port voltage like suggested by viseo from your other thread?
that all sounds like a voltage/Gnd Problem at PP side.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
Re: Issues with motor controls
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 01:09:06 PM »
Thanks for your suggestion I finally figured it out and not sure what really changed other than removing a connection point. The electrician that wired my box had a main junction board where all the wires tied into then a new wire ran from there to its point, be it a driver parallel port or power supply. Initially I had hooked the drivers direct to stepper motors, to see if I had a connection issue or mixed up wire. The final connections left in the junction board were the limit switches and emergency shut off, once connecting those wires directly to the the break out board all controls worked as they are supposed to.  Mind blown!
6 weeks of this hassle. Thanks to everyone that gave input.
 My next step is understanding z axis for cut starts and stops. Also just realized from a video I watched that I need a connection point to the plasma to tell it when to fire. I believe there is a relay in the box just need to connect wires/cord from it to plasma.