Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:47:42 AM

Author Topic: Limit switches issue  (Read 888 times)

Limit switches issue
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:18:52 PM »
hello
at start  when i first tested the limit switch. as soon as it got triggered the cnc would move back untill the limit switch got turned off. but now as soon as the limit switch is pressed the cnc freezes i have to override the limit switch and then move the cnc back.
is there something wrong I'm doing because i didn't disturb the setting. i don't know what happened.

i want the cnc to move back until limit switch is no longer triggered. me  guide me??

my limits have to inputs. one from the
Re: Limit switches issue
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 02:56:44 AM »
Hi,
you are confusing limit and home switching.

When Mach is in 'Homing' mode it will travel until the home switch activates and then backup until it deactivates.
When it is not in Homing mode then the switch is treated as a limit and Mach Estops immediately, no if's,
no but's, it just stops....and that is what its supposed to do.

I have always recommended having separate home and limits switches, so that would be six limit switches, two for
each axis, and three home switches, for a total of nine switches. Most people think that's too much bother....but then you
have this issue. You decide.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 02:37:47 AM »
Hi,
you are confusing limit and home switching.

When Mach is in 'Homing' mode it will travel until the home switch activates and then backup until it deactivates.
When it is not in Homing mode then the switch is treated as a limit and Mach Estops immediately, no if's,
no but's, it just stops....and that is what its supposed to do.

I have always recommended having separate home and limits switches, so that would be six limit switches, two for
each axis, and three home switches, for a total of nine switches. Most people think that's too much bother....but then you
have this issue. You decide.

Craig

oke got it. but ive been trying,its only setting home switching. how do i set up limits only so it can move back. ive tried youtube but all the videos are irrelevent. if you could show any SS from where i can see.thankyou 
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:02:29 AM »
Hi,

how do i set up limits only so it can move back.

If Mach detects a limit event, ie one of the limit switches it Estops....it DOES NOT MOVE BACK, in fact the only way to get it to move AT ALL is to
manually use 'Limit Override' and jog it off the limit switch.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'