Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:27:14 PM

Author Topic: Setting up mach 3 on good used cpu win7  (Read 3962 times)

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up mach 3 on good used cpu win7
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 02:10:46 AM »
when you get your Pictures uploaded pls. also add your Profile .XML file so we can have a look. without your Pictures of wiring
and to identify your components ist very hard to help.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
picture of set
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 12:13:17 AM »
here is a picture of the wiring and drivers and such
drivers are leadshine m542
dont know the makers of the motors, parallel card or other items in the set up would assume from china.
 the motors are 8 wire type 60bhh100 501e 45h  cw no: 16.01.05

can only post 1 picture as file gets to big
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 12:22:14 AM »
what is profile xme  and i will try figure that out to add to the post

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:47 AM »
some more Information about the breakoutboard would be good.

about the Profile XML file, there should be a file named Plasma.xml in your c:\mach3 Folder.

-are Motors wired Serial or parallel ?
-is the Setting for Motor current adjusted on the m542 to the Motor current from Motor datasheet?
-is the microstepping set correct corresponding to your step/per Setting?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 12:39:33 AM »
well its been a long 2 weeks i have made some ground. i have x and y axis motors installed on machine and did some testing today. I have been thru countless videos and read as much viable info i can find, i have went thru the wiring 3 times and every thing finally appears correct. I have unplugged the z axis stepper driver and the x and y axis seem to be responding correctly finally, until they don't again. i am using the hot keys left right and up down. 90% of the time up down will move y axis back and forth and right arrow moves x access, however the left key the motor doesnt respond. From time to time that key works properly and sometimes the other keys all work correctly and sometimes 1 or 2 work correctly.  typically when the malfunction happens 2 key will make the y axis move the same direction and the other 2 keys move the x in 1 direction. How can this happen how can they work properly then not. its like operating a tractor with a bucket raise lower tilt up down work fine then raise bucket meow tilts bucket and tilt bucket meow lowers bucket on each lever and the other way dont do anything.   I have tried a dxf file and its tough to tell but seems like its following the coordinates properly. 
thus i am not sure where my problem lays in the wiring (which i doubt), the breakout board, or mach3 program. the breakout board is cnc4pc - c10 - parallel port and the only identification on the motors is 60bhh100501e25s with 4 coils set up in series. believe most of the parts come from china.   any help would be appreciated