Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:22 PM

Author Topic: Setting up mach 3 on good used cpu win7  (Read 3913 times)

Setting up mach 3 on good used cpu win7
« on: April 05, 2021, 12:04:41 AM »
Hello all; newbie here

Struggling with setting up. I bought a desktop to operate a rebuilt plasmatable. It has a Intel i5-4570 -8gb ram win7pro new samsung 870 evo 2.5 in sata III 250gb ssd.  parallel port installed pcie dpadapeter card, just installed  nvidia geforce 210 graphics card computer tech thought it would help to repair crashing problem, no dice. 
i watched a few videos to help solve problems, ran driver test crashes once test starts, clicked on special driver file to correct issues still no help.
looking for help and answers computer skills not real good for heads up

thanks in advance

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up mach 3 on good used cpu win7
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 01:05:45 AM »
Just a couple of suggestions...

If you are using the Parallel Port then your version of Win7 must be 32bit.

Depending on your machine controller electronics you may need your PCIE Parallel Port card inputs / outputs to be to the older 5Volt TTL standard (not 3.3 Volts).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 11:24:33 AM »
Good day yes the version of wind7 is 32 bit, wanted to ask the outfit that assembled my cpu what the output voltage is on the port, but they are not open today.  What I know the table runs off 5 volt but not sure what the outputs of the card are,  the cpu can be 3.3 to 5 volt  with no idea how to know what its set at or how to change.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 11:48:06 AM »
cpu voltage does not matter. it is only the voltage from parallel port from interest.

here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uglCm_qsojk

is a good tutorial what we mean.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 01:09:07 PM »
great video link will definitely check that before heading to shop to see if motor will respond to the mach3 program.  however i am about 4 steps shy of that step, as mach3 wont even load it just crashes cpu.
 my understanding is the driver updates are the problem and need to add a couple keys to the command prompt which is an issue as its locked and i cant become the admin yet. i have been trying to follow some directions how to do that with out success yet. so frustrating 
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
update on my progress:  i have found 2 keys to install thru the command prompt, took a long time to be an admin and was a cheating way as i forced cpu to crash then loaded command prompt in safe mode as an admin, this way creates an issue as now i cannot copy and paste the key in the prompt. i typed it in both keys gave an error invalid argument/option.
still not able to load mach3. every step thus far has been an absolute pig fight, want to quit hate being a quitter

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 01:22:40 AM »
wonder witch Version you installed

this: https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mach3Version3.043.exe

should run if you install it as admin
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 02:34:35 AM »
Perhaps the easy solution would be to forget using the Parallel Port and choose a good quality external motion controller (such as the CNC Drive UC300ETH or Warp9 ESS). Overall, this would be a step in the right direction.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »
Thank you for your help I tried another page that showed a guy how to become admin on the Cmd and it worked, I copied the keys suggested to fix the crashing problem and amazing how easy it was. 
I hooked cpu up to plasma and right away I could tell there was a connection, however there is an issue with the wiring on the table or I need to sort thru my pins. Which I tried testing the pins with a multimeter, didn’t have same success as the video link that was shared. I will watch the video again and look at it some more today. My electrician is supposed to come have a look at the wiring today or tomorrow to help sort out wiring issues if any.
Hopefully the next struggle isn’t with the table but my cad skills.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 02:04:41 AM »
Good evening everyone
i am pleased yet distraught with my plasma table. I have made progress: mach 3 communication to table is good. I have wired my motors to the drivers properly. I have went thru my wiring 3 times trying to find any bad connections as much of my research points to this being my issues and dont believe that is my issue anymore. fingers crossed.  The current issues are motors will respond to keys properly x y and z testing each direction a couple times. next thing some keys are correct but some keys nothing happens or a wrong motor or multiple wrong motor spin:like z up will run 1 motor from each axis, try a different key it is correct, next key proper motor stutters or tries to move, next key will be correct, then the next couple are wrong. next time thru the left right up down page up and page down i get different results.  then i run the road runner test dxf file, motors run fine seem to turn back and forth smoothly. the z motor seems to be travelling in 1 direction fairly regularly. program completes i try the keys again: some work properly some dont.

I install the z axis motor set torch in the middle of it set of motion, try the keys and again keys are random, some work properly and some dont. i run the dfx roadrunner file, motors sound good spin smoothly about half way thru the process i have to stop the program as the z axis has hit the top of its movement. I remove the motor and try the z axis controls as these ones have typically not worked, and they work well motor spins proper direction upon corresponding key, but the others well 3 of 4 dont work properly. At 1 point the motors all responded smoothly to 1 direction but the other was stuttered and noisy

I am thinking this is an issue with the mach3 set up as the wiring is right as far as i can see. i took pictures of the drivers and breakout board and of several config pages.  It seems i have some learning to do on getting pictures from phone to cpu. they transfered but did not save. just another day in my wonderful life. I will try load pictures to cpu in the morning and get them on the forum, if they are needed

any help would be greatly appreciated