Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:40:08 PM

Author Topic: mach4 uninstall problem  (Read 870 times)

mach4 uninstall problem
« on: April 03, 2021, 03:10:51 PM »
I made some changes to the macros that generated some problems, I decided to uninstall mach4 and reinstall it but the problems remained anyone knows why?
Re: mach4 uninstall problem
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 04:25:06 PM »
Hi,
this post belongs in the Mach4 General discussion board. No doubt Tweakie will shift it there when he recovers from
Easter Egg bingeing.

I suspect that what happens is that the edits and modifications you made to various macros meant that they were saved, internally at least,
as individualized files. When you delete Mach4 those files will remain...they are no longer on Mach's list of install files.

When a new install of Mach comes along it just gets written into the same directories and thus your edited macros survive the re-install.

If you need to 'wipe the slate clean' then you need to delete the entire Mach4 directory, and that should take those pesky files with them.

There may be a better method however. If you have macros and/or other small chunks of code scattered throughout an otherwise standard
Mach install....when those files compile they will fault. Mach compiles ALL Lua chunks, both standard install AND individualized chunks into one
master file for runtime. If that file fails to compile there will be compile errors reported, and in particular a location in the file where the fault
occurs. If you open ScreenScript.lua you will find the entirety of the all the combined chunks. Scan down untill you find the line or lines
which are in error. Note that you cannot edit this file directly....you need to go back and edit the macro (or other lua chunk) at its source.

While it might be OK to 'wipe the slate clean' and start again when you are first starting out with Mach4 it becomes very VERY tedious once
you start making you own customizations in Mach. Often the fault is one line, and maybe just a misspelling or miss-click you don't want to have to start
all over again for such a small fault.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 03:23:41 AM »
this post belongs in the Mach4 General discussion board. No doubt Tweakie will shift it there when he recovers from Easter Egg bingeing.

;D
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 03:43:27 AM »
Hi,
good on you Tweakie.

I've heard you and your missus are real animal lovers and secretly send the Easter Bunny food parcels between Easter gigs.
I've also heard that he flats with the Tooth Fairy, they longue around smoking weed and bonking all the girls. I'm sure the food
parcels keep up heir strength.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »
I made some changes to the macros that generated some problems, I decided to uninstall mach4 and reinstall it but the problems remained anyone knows why?

Delete all of the .mcc files in the macros directory.  The try to compile each one until you find the problem.  Uninstalling Mach4 will not clean your macros directory if you added or changed something.  So the errant macro is probably still there. 

Steve