Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:47:00 PM

Author Topic: Lcam Confusion  (Read 4503 times)

Lcam Confusion
« on: October 12, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »
Can someone open the attached DFX look at it then open it in Lcam and see if there's extra crap in the upper left hand corner.
After that would you try to pocket the lower inside area, I get nothing. I don't understand ether of these problems.

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Lcam Confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »
Steve,

I was able to open the file in LazyCAM 2.02 (the latest version that I'm still able to pocket in...) and clean up the file a little bit, then pocket the lower portion. Have a look and see if that is what you are want to do. I just pocketed the lower portion with a .25" cutter. I did not offset the drawing to cutter compensate so if you cut this file the CNC mill will follow the vectors as its toolpath. If you are using a very small cutter, or you cut with laser or plasma then no problems.

If you can, I recommend reverting to the July 2.02 version of LazyCAM. Others have had luck with 2.47 but I don't know what they are using it for... I do a lot of offsetiing and pocket milling. Hope this helps,

Shane
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:13:44 PM by ergoman »
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:07:43 PM »
Thanks Shane,
I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Like you I do a lot of offsets and pockets, as you can tell by the DFX.
I don't have a 2.2 Lcam any longer, if it wouldn't be to much trouble, could you Email me a copy of yours?
gt150_74@comcast.net

Thanks much,

Steve
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
Steve,

I tried to e-mail it to you but I kept getting an error. Do you have another e-mail address I could send it to? I don't understand what the strange error message means, so I don't know if it is my e-mail  server or yours. I tried to just send you a text message with no attachment and it got bounced back too. The error message is as follows:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
   This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<gt150_74@comcast.net>:
   76.96.62.116 does not like recipient.
   Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 Not our Customer
   Giving up on 76.96.62.116.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Shane
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:15:00 PM by ergoman »
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »
Shane, 

It seems my brain has stopped functioning just like Lcam. I put half of one Email and half of the other together. Could you, would you try this one?
gt150_74@yahoo.com   I sure would appreciate it. And my most sincere apology's for my brain failure, I guess I shouldn't have stopped my Lithium. 

Thanks Again,

Steve
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »
Shane,

Got the file and loaded it no problem.Thanks for you patients. I still had the same problems though, I dicked around with it for awhile and found that my connection tolerance was to small. I wish there were better instructions.

Thanks yet again,

Steve
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 08:39:44 AM »
Steve,

If you get a chance, download the new Mach3 2.55 version. It has the new LazyCAM 2.55. Works great for me!

Shane
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
Thanks Shane, I'll give it a try

Steve