Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:17:52 AM

Author Topic: Lathe Mach4 DSPMC 7763 setup questions  (Read 651 times)

Lathe Mach4 DSPMC 7763 setup questions
« on: March 17, 2021, 06:00:43 PM »
 Hi All,
 Before mounting all the gear on the machine itself I am trying to understand the basics of how all this closed loop gear and IP equipment does it's thing. This will make troubleshooting and commissioning later on for myself a little easier. I currently have the "X" motor in the vise and the equipment all laid out on a table. My goal here was to get basic motion with just one drive to validate and understand before the equipment gets installed. I can tune the drive with the PDI setting. I can run motor tests on the HICON motor test screen with no following errors and very smooth controlled moves. But If I try to jog the X axis in Mach4 incremental 1 inch the motor just starts continually turning in one direction occasionally slowing down then speeding up again. motor will just keep running and the only way to stop it is disable button on screen. DRO appears to be working fine and just keeps counting up. Now I will say I have zero inputs connected at the moment for home, limits enable as I am just trying to get basic motion right now. I am stuck here trying to understand what is going on. 
CPU AMD Phenom II 3.4 Ghz
new SSD 500 g  with clean install Win 10 Pro
8 g Ram
DSPMCv3 motion board (set at 60 polling hrz as that seems to be the limit of what the tx can send out)
CNCdrive DG4S-16035 drives (step/dir)
FANUC 5M DC servo with Fanuc 2000 pulse coder under cap
Mach settings currently are 8000 counts per unit in the motors tab as just for testing I have used this value 1 rpm=1"
I only have one motor connected and one drive.
Being the jog function starts i "assume" Mach4 is allowing a jog move but something between the motion board and Mach is not happy. I know this is long winded but if I am asking for help I need to give the details. Thanks in advance. BK
Re: Lathe Mach4 DSPMC 7763 setup questions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 08:25:15 PM »
Update on this,
 I went to try Mill profile just to see if it would work but since I only installed lathe at time of installation I had to install Mach4 again. After installing Mach4 again with Mill, router & lathe this time the motion for this X axis motor seemed to run the road runner file fine. Jogging appeared to work as well. I then restarted in Lathe profile and jogging appears to work fine now. Possibly something was missing from Mach files when I did My initial install and only selected Lathe profile. I will continue testing but things are looking better now.