Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:12:39 AM

Author Topic: Upgrades, what a pain in...  (Read 6068 times)

Upgrades, what a pain in...
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »
It really makes me go crazy that EVERY time I upgrade my Mach3, R2.48 now, the highlyght of the worked path in the toolpaths disappears and it is impossible to judge how far the tool has come.

My toolpaths settings are:  Enhance=   1     1    0       Material=     0       0.1        0.1

as usual now I have to write everything down and remove/reinstall Mach3. What a chore!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:54:42 AM by sz8sc9 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrades, what a pain in...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 08:12:28 AM »
LOL, sounds like you are doing it the hard way. I guess that is a pain.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:36:45 AM »
Why are you having to remove and reinstall Mach? Do you not have a XML. file of your on, something like ScMill.XML that you save and then, when you download a new version, It will ask if you want to copy custom XML. Are you going form an earlier version of Mach3? If you are going from Mach2 to Mach3, you have to enter all of your settings the first time. I would also keep a current copy of my xmls, any screen sets, grabber profiles, and Licenses files on a thumb drive or CD.

Brett

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:28:38 AM »
No, I don't. I see a dozen of xml files  in the Mach3 directory and I wouldn't know which one to save. Maybe the install information is unclear here or maybe I'm the stupid one in a smart guys classroom but I still rely in that a software update is not supposed to wipe out any of my previous settings.
Anyway, given that, when I load another profile, say "Mach3 original 2" the highlyghted toolpath is visible, in my profile is not. As the toolpath settings of the two profiles are identical, my question to the forum is: what else can be different after the update ? Thanks.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
What is the profile you are running? It can be overwhelming. There are settings in a couple of places, config, toolpath and on the diagnostics page, you can turn off the tool path. I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:55:40 AM by Chaoticone »

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »
You might try changing the settings for the G1, G2, & G3 Color.

If these are set too light, the display for what's been cut might be there  - just not visible.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »
I have my profile as the standard Mach3Mill.xml and my settings are never overwritten. How do you update? Do you uninstall first or just overwrite by starting the upgrade?
Hood

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »
Not had a problem yet upgrading, I do keep a copy of the mill.xml in case it gets trashed but that's about it.

If your unsure just change the views setting to detail, then click the type tab at the top, select all the .xml files and copy to another folder, then copy them back into the mach folder after installing the new version.

Steve
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »
It really makes me go crazy that EVERY time I upgrade my Mach3, R2.48 now, the highlyght of the worked path in the toolpaths disappears and it is impossible to judge how far the tool has come.

Have you figured this one out yet?

On my machine, I can load one screen set and the graphic trace works, load another and it doesn't work at all, and then load another and it works for the current contour but clears at the end of each cut path so I can see the current item being but have no idea where it's been.

All of this without turning Mach3 off, or loading another part.

I'd love to figure out this mystery.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 06:29:50 AM »
No, I have not figured it out.
After the upgrade no highlighted path when the cnc is machining and can't get it back.

I gave up, screen-dumped all the other settings and re-installed by schratch.

cheers,
Gianni