Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:37:01 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Error in debug window, zero motor data changes???  (Read 740 times)

Mach4 Error in debug window, zero motor data changes???
« on: February 15, 2021, 11:41:20 AM »
Hello All,

My debug window has these warnings flipping by and when I go to my HiCon debug window I noticed what I believe to be my 0 motor just keeps changing from the actual value to 0 over and over.  I did a search for that warning and didn't find anything.   I've been having failures  (STOPS) while trying to cut my aluminum vacuum plenum and can't trace down what the issue is.  It'll be cutting along fine and then just stop with some kind of limit error that I can't track down.  Could this be causing it?   Any help on what I need to do to troubleshoot this is appreciated. 

Thank You,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGSNm3faz2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_eqpa6FFvc

Machine is a...
CNC Router parts 4X8
HiCon Integra 7766
Leadshine closed loop steppers
3.0kw water cooled spindle
Re: Mach4 Error in debug window, zero motor data changes???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
I've not seen that issue before.
Reach out to Vital Systems Support. 
They usually get back with me within a day and are very helpful.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 07:04:37 PM »
10-4...   yeah I couldn't find that error mentioned anywhere...

Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 03:01:50 AM »
These messages were added in a recent plugin update. To solve the 'Mainloop tick interval out of range' error I had to reduce the polling frequency in the hicon plugin from 100 to down to something like 75. For the Warning message I'm not sure this is an issue as the loop interval is less than the polling frequency - this tells me everything is being done in the right amount of  time.

I haven't seen the StepGen error before, maybe linked to the above issue with polling frequency being too high? Was it a following error limit? Do you have the feedback set to 'Undefined' in the hicon plugin?