Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:45:38 AM

Author Topic: Simple engraving going all wrong  (Read 1702 times)

Simple engraving going all wrong
« on: February 14, 2021, 12:35:29 PM »
I have a basic Chinese CNC machine which I have had for 3 years and really the only thing I use it for is keyring engraving up until now has worked perfectly.
I use V Carve Pro to produce what I want and then send the code to Mach3, real simple and easy
However, I have noticed in the last couple I have done that after it has finished and I send it back to the centre of the job it has moved slightly to the right
It is now getting worse (see picture and code) I tried this last one on an old keyring and the text is not lining up as it engraves (the 1 his higher than the 936-1998, the Mick is higher than the Cox)
I am using windows 7 Pro, Mach3 Version R3.043.062, V Carve Pro 9.516
Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks
Kim
Re: Simple engraving going all wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 01:47:56 PM »
Ok, I think I have solved it, here's what I did
I hit the machines Coords button, then went into settings and hit reset Interp button, then zeroed out the Encoder position and hit the To DRO button for all 3 axis, then back to Program run hit machines coord button again.
Loaded the code, exited the program and saved it and restarted it and it worked perfectly
Now I have no idea why that worked but someone will tell me I hope and I also hope I have not completely screwed it up
Either way thanks for looking
Kim
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:28:48 AM »
OK, another update
After all of the checking it turned out to be V Carve Pro that was causing the issues
I re-rendered my work via another copy on a different machine and low and behold it worked just fine
I have tried it now a few time with different text, line etc and they all work spot on
So thats it solved........I think

Thanks
Kim

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:21 AM »
Are you sure that V Carve Pro is the culprit?
Your G-code renders normally in Mach3, bCNC, ...
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
Not sure why its working now when I use the code from my other computer
Any ideas?

Thanks
Kim