Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:14:23 AM

Author Topic: CV wizard disaster  (Read 1050 times)

CV wizard disaster
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »
i don't know why but i work with mah for almost 3 years and i like every thing except the cv behaviour
i almost start give up use mach4 because this cv
its never give solution and in other controller(for example Syntec) i never see so many problems at corners
i start first with the new type"mcCvDistTolerance" its never work for me good ,its can deform the original shape ,i also send here
some month ago some samples of simple shapes like start... and that actually it did totally different ,and also send to support
but never get answer ,only blame my accl dccl ,its sound me not logic that because i make high or change to low accl dccl the shape should be totally deforne
now i try the old wizard without the blend ,but first even i change it its not modify any thing always stay according "mcCvDistTolerance"
that mean "blend" column have details and shape deforme
they also have in past bug that the slider didn't move ,now they fix the bug but now other bug  ,its not save
even you change the slider when you open again its alway on left side(speed 0 on corner)
dear admin can you at least tell me if there option to give solution for this cv tuning or it s point that i need consider if i can leave with this (the answer is no) or find another option
thks
** i atach the image ,you can see how actually its show that corner is round even it shuld be 90 deg but for some reason mach4 make it round
and i cant have power any more get each day phone calls from customer that waste material for this parts they randomly need throw

Re: CV wizard disaster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 03:29:41 PM »
Okay lets slow down a bit. You have a problem with the CV settings. It looks like you have nice long lines so an issue can be Artwork with very short moves. I tested all this when I made the code for the CV tolerances. So I am sure we can make it work. Rather than cutting a sheet lets slow down and get a corner working the way you would like. When I setup the machine here I did a few angled that I cared about for the Jobs I was running.

Another option for nice sharp corners is to roll with G61 for the parts that you need to have sharp corners.
Please send me your profile so I can have a look. I see what they do for me.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 03:58:01 PM »
I am going to test this tonight on the little machine I have at my house. My son loves goofing off with the software and this will be a good chance to show him how this works.

But I really need you INI file so I can check out the settings. You will be running good parts tomorrow!

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 04:45:35 PM »
I just looked and I think your missing the mc.mcMotionSetCVAngleEnable(inst, 1) call This will enable the distance table. Run this in the script editor and tell me if that looks better

local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
mc.mcMotionSetCVAngleEnable(inst, 1)

if you have any CV settings that will turn it on :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 04:45:54 PM »
Brian first thanks alot for yours real try to solve it rather then just blame all around
now its very late time here  ,but tomorrow ill try contact customer give you all details
but if you have history of  mach support you can see all files and package that i sent
thks again yaakov
**G61 cant be solution ,in some files we have shapes cutting ,did you see what happens if you try cut simple arc with G61?
so G61 its like give up  ,its not option
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 06:02:59 PM »
Brian what about the Cv tuning Wizard ,why i cant use it? why sliding position not save?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 06:46:41 PM »
atach sample of simple start with 2 typs of cv you can see how its change the shape
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »
That my friend is an Artwork file and your asking to go very fast through it. a better way to code this shape if you want to go fast is to make it with lines and arcs not small line segments. To get a file like that to run well your going to need to bring the look ahead down to a more reasonable level. Your electrical panels should be no issue at all.  Please lets focus on one file at a time. Can we get your file that are real parts done before we set up the machine for artwork?

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com