Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 not running on Windos 7 32bit  (Read 1354 times)

Mach4 not running on Windos 7 32bit
« on: February 06, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »
I recently crashed my hard drive on my 2007 macbook running Mach4 on windoz XP.  I have installed windows 7 32bit and Mach4.  Mach4 won't run because "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll" is missing.  A search has revealed thats it part of 64bit Visual studio.  Microsoft is not helping with updates for windows 7.

Is the latest Mach4 able to run on 32 bit windows 7?

My machine won't run windows 10 so I'm stuck.  It has been running fine for many years with XP but I'm worried I'll have the same issue if I can even find the XP installer.

Re: Mach4 not running on Windos 7 32bit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 07:03:24 AM »
We have old versions of 4 that are 32 bit. And right now we 4 is still 32 bit ... we will be doing 64 bit soon so we can have the address space for the monster gcode files people seem to like now. I remember when I would punch my tape and if I had a big roll that was a big program!

Okay enough memory lane. We have many versions on the FTP server. And see if an older version will get you rolling. Sad to say but XP is done!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 12:13:40 PM »
Thanks for moving this.

I'll try the ftp sight.  Perhaps one of the versions has all the libraries included but shouldn't this newest?  Or at least post links to the missing libraries.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
Success ! !

Thanks Brian !  The link was what it needed.

Also the Opera web browser I'm using vastly improved it's web performance so apparently many apps rely on it.  (Internet Explorer wouldn't even work on Microsofts web site, hence opera)  It probably should have been mentioned on the Microsoft site but I guess they would rather you upgrade.

Thanks again, ...   you saved me from starting over, probably with Linux!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 04:12:40 AM »
Linux, we use that on the severs here. I use putty and ssh in so I get that sweet terminal window with a little midnight commander action! All joking aside with CentOS going away (stable versions) I don’t know how great Linux will be. I guess I am going to move to Rocky Linux when that is done for enterprise level software. IBM owns redhat now and CentOS ! I get you can use other distorts but we need the mirrored cluster with VMs and that’s a bit special.. moral of the story is the grass may look greener but you end up in the same boat  :( . Sorry for the long story but it is something we are dealing with for the code servers.

Enjoy and make some fun projects! That is what I am all about! Computers are a pain ;)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »
Hi,
I have tried to update to either 4612 or 4733 and encountered the same problem namely "missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll".

I have downloaded the X86 version of VS per the link, but the update fails to install with an unspecified error. Is there another means
that I can update VS on my PC such that I can run a later version of Mach4?.

I have been running 3481 for years....and thought it would be a good thing to update.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »
Craig,

Try running the VS redistributable as Administrator. 

You need the VS2017 redistributable package.  I was going to give an updated link and M$ has changed all of that now.  So I copied the ones from my compiler to our FTP server.

http://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/VS2017/

Install both the x86 and x64.  x64 just because some other programs may need it in the future. 

Steve
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 05:56:56 PM »
Hi Steve,
thanks that worked. I have successfully loaded the 4735 version and the latest ESS build (278). Given that I've recycled my profile
I have not encountered anything about this new version than the old (3481)

The VS x64 version will not load, I'm running 32 bit Windows7 Embedded Standard on my machine PC, so it should probably come as no
surprise that a x64 version won't load.

Thanks
Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »
Yeah, no LUA version changes between 3481 and 4735.  So that makes not having to mess with the profile a real possibility. 

The VS x64 version will not load, I'm running 32 bit Windows7 Embedded Standard on my machine PC, so it should probably come as no
surprise that a x64 version won't load.

Yes, that would pose a problem.  No matter how hard I try, I just cannot get that to install either.  :)

Steve