Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:51:14 AM

Author Topic: How to use the TouchOff UI with TLO  (Read 637 times)

Offline Bx3mE

•  68 68
    • View Profile
How to use the TouchOff UI with TLO
« on: February 03, 2021, 01:28:40 PM »
When I set up my machine for a job i measure the current tool Using the a modified version of the posted script you see here: https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=44258.new#new

Looking at the Diagnostics page my TLO has been set. Next i Use the TouchOff UI to set my fixture offsets.
Using the "find Z" function i touch off the surface.

After this I´d expect the DRO to read Z: 0.0000 but instead it reads 50.0530 which is my TLO!
TLO for the selected tool is enabled when using "find Z" so I expect the Find Z function to account for that or atleast have an option for this...

Am I doing this wrong?

Offline Bx3mE

•  68 68
    • View Profile
Re: How to use the TouchOff UI with TLO
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 09:21:54 AM »
Ok so i cracked open the touchoff UI and understand why it goes wrong but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how to properly fix it.

In the TouchOff UI when using FindZ it probes and then sets the fixture offset. setting the offset is done using a helper function called SetFixOffset(Axis, Direction).

If i have tool to probe with using a circuitboard blank as touchoff plate this will not work if i use tool offsets because SetFixOffset(Axis, Direction) uses mc.mcAxisGetProbePos to determine the Z offset. The definition of mc.mcAxisGetProbePos is composed of Machine pos + Work offset (in my case an old value i want to update)  G92 (which is irrellevant here ) head shift and workshift.

To me MachineCoordinates are current offset from home switches,
Work Offset is the position in MachineCoordinates a ncprogram should use as origin when spindle is centered over the Work Offset origin and gaugeline touches the Work Offset Z0,
Tool length offset is the length of a tool measured from the gaugeline as a negative value

Having the above definitions how should i set the work piece?