Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:04:00 AM

Author Topic: Analog control  (Read 1358 times)

Analog control
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:45:56 AM »
i have now project to upgrade old drill cnc that use "microspead" analog driver
i use until now only pokeys and real like it
but pokeys not support analog
what is yours suggest  for analog controller
..i don't need interpolation between axiss ,its just drill ,mean all movment are G0
Re: Analog control
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 07:25:46 AM »
in addition to this topic ,i know csmio had and there wrote here long past some issue about plug in to mach4
is some one use this hardware ? can tell if they now work well with mach4?
thks in advance
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »
Put some steppers or closed loop steppers on and throw the old stuff in the trash. I have done the analog retro and only after dealing with old junk and problems did I come to the conclusion that changing the stuff is FAR cheaper in the end. You can use a Galil for anlaog but you know my thoughts on it :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:45:06 AM »
Brian thanks alot ,its not our first retrofit and most of time i do like this (lead shine full set 1000w cost 1200$ sure  batter choice)problem this small machine so complex mechanic very hard change ,but i understand exactly yours meaning ,thks

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »
The Galil controllers offer analog control.  And we have a plugin for the DMC-41x3 and DMC-40x0 controllers.  The 41x3 controllers are not too bad expensive.  But it is going to be like $1500.00 for the controller.  And then you would still have old drives and motors. 

Personally, if it might cost me twice as much to put new digital servo drives and motors on there, I would consider doing it.  I use a Galil on my old Matsuura mill with the factory drives and motors.  Yeah, I got the machine running cheaper than buying new drives and motors.  But there will come a day (and I'm always thinking it might be today!) that those drives/motors will give up.  And then I will have to fix it with new stuff anyway. 

Steve
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 01:50:11 AM »
thank you both,i understand exactly yours mind,the cost of new servo set is less then galil one card,only this specific machine very hard
mechanic replace,they use 200w dc servo with shaft 11mm diameter ,i search all companies min diameter its 14mm
and there no option to grind the shaft amount its very thin...so need decide
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 02:06:28 AM »
do you know about csimo plugin to mach 4 if its already complete?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 04:35:57 AM »
Hi,
the CSMIO/A Mach4 plugin is buggy. CSLabs had a great reputation for fixing bugs and support and their Mach3
plugin is very good but they have never invested the effort to do a good job on their Mach4 plugin. It also  competes with their
own software and I just don't think they can be bothered with Mach4.

If you want good analogue controller for Mach4 there are two choices, Hicon Integra or Galil, neither are cheap.

I personally will never mess about with analogue servos ever again, Delta AC servos are so much superior.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 06:47:42 AM »
Hi Craig
When i start work with mach4 about 2 years ago i start talk with CSIMO and all there manuals and plugins was label mach3 and when i asked them they always said not wary its also for mach4
This main reason i chose pokeys
But now they have on there website instructions and plugins ...for mach4
So my question is if yours knowledge about there plugins its update to now ,or like mine its some things from past
Thanks any way
Yaakov
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »
Hi,
the CSMIO/A has a Mach4 plugin and there are members on this Mach4 board that use it. They have reported a few issues,
minor mostly, but have also reported very slow, even reluctant response from CSLabs to fix the bugs.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'