Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:14:07 PM

Author Topic: Homing not working - Using version 2.50.23 firmware, with mach 4.2.0.4300  (Read 1699 times)

My computer quit last week and I had to move everything to a new computer. homing worked on the last machine.
Before the machine completely stopped working I managed to copy the profile folder from mach 4.

I installed mach 4, copied in the plugin files, and copied my profiles over to the new computer.

Problem. I can jog the machine in all directions, but when I hit "home all" the z axis moves very briefly (not getting to the switch) and stops. Then I get the error "motor not enabled" for all the motors.

If I enable the machine again I can run gcode as long as I don't home the machine.

System specs
Windows 10 pro 64bit.
I attached a screen shot of the black window that is usually open in the background, and the text log of events from diagnostics.

Steps taken so far.
1. I updated the hicon firmware to version 2.50.23 today, but the same problem occurs.
2. I updated the config files inside the plugins folder as well.
3. scrolled through the motors settings and all the appropriate boxes seems to be enabled inside of motors, axis mapping,
4. Restarted the controller and computer just in case.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:25:02 PM by jengineer1 »
Re: Homing not working - Using version 2.50.23 firmware, with mach 4.2.0.4300
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
The motors are not enabled either in Mach4 control config or in our plugin config. Please ensure the motor settings are correct.

If you are facing further issues please email support with a screenshot of your device manager (activation tab) with the controller listed and send us your mach4 profile.

Thank you.
Re: Homing not working - Using version 2.50.23 firmware, with mach 4.2.0.4300
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
Please update your plugin to 2.50.24 . The new update should fix the rare homing error.

https://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/hicon_integra/hicon_integra.php#downloads