Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:17:15 AM

Author Topic: Operational Question on Mach 4  (Read 657 times)

Operational Question on Mach 4
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:35:44 AM »
I'm running Mach 4 on an Avid pro series. When using a roughing toolpath, I set the origin with the touchplate and all is well. When it finishes the roughing, I simply change out the bit to the finishing bit, touch the Z axis (because the X and Y should be the same) and go on. It has worked fine, but I had to stop Mach 4 by hitting the stop button on the screen in Mach 4 (not the emergency kill switch). I made the correction (forgot to put the dust shoe on, and restarted the toolpath.

It started 1/2 to 3/4 off on the x axis ruining the piece. Should I recenter the x and y each and every time I change bits? It's hard to recenter the x and y using the touch plate with a tapered ball nose.
Re: Operational Question on Mach 4
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:29:08 PM »
Okay, okay!  Let's read the instructions!  It says that if I hit the stop button, it is the same as the emergency stop and I have to re-home the machine and reset the project!  My bad!  Sorry to bother everyone!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 08:24:03 AM »
Please used feed hold, now you can set to do a controlled stop on cycles stop under the config-> controller dialog.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Thanks, I will follow up and investigate that.