Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:30:20 AM

Author Topic: NCStudio machine conversion to Mach4?  (Read 1833 times)

NCStudio machine conversion to Mach4?
« on: January 18, 2021, 01:29:30 PM »
Can anyone point in a direction to parts and help to convert a chinese router to Mach4? I would pay someone for phone tech support if this even exists.

Thanks, Bob
Re: NCStudio machine conversion to Mach4?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Hi Bob Where are you located?
Steve
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 04:20:45 PM »
Homosassa, FL. I'm thinking Id like a controller panel on the machine instead of a remote pc. But I am not knowledgeable enough to know if this is possible.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 04:36:50 AM »
Hi Bob
You're on the other side of the world from me. But there are guys in the Mach 4 part of the forum (second group down from the top) that have done that with a mini PC of the top of my had and I might be wrong but look for an user caller Joeaverage - I sort of remember him doing that.
Post some questions in that area and you will get more responses.
Steve
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:07:11 PM »
Hi,
saw this post.....

To use Mach4 you need obviously a PC, it doesn't need to be a flash or powerful unit, just stable. If you use an external
motion controller then any OS including 64bit OS's like Windows10 are fine and laptops work also. If you really must use a parallel port,
and Mach4 does have one called Darwin ($25.00 license fee applies), then you MUST use 32bit Windows7 or earlier, and a desktop rather
than a laptop.

Mach4 was designed for, and really requires an external motion controller, I would recommend an Ethernet SmoothStepper (by Warp9TD, $180USD),
and that needs to be matched to a breakout board(s). A fully developed and good quality unit is the MB3 (by CNCRoom, $180USD), although there are less
sophisticated units which are cheaper.

With Mach4 installed on the PC, the Ethernet Smoothstpper hooked up with its own 5V supply, the MB3 hooked to the SmoothStepper with its own 24V supply
you can hook up your existing stepper drives, homes and limits etc.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'