Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:38:50 AM

Author Topic: Fanuc 6 Axis Robot Arm Help with Concept  (Read 1882 times)

Re: Fanuc 6 Axis Robot Arm Help with Concept
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 03:38:16 AM »
That was my first thought; 'why would you want a robotic arm?'. Then the 350 dollar price tag changed that thought into why wouldn't you want a robotic arm.

The what to do with it question can come later.

But they are obviously mainly used for repetitive work (hence the bartender suggestion) so I will be interested in seeing what other people come up with.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 03:54:43 AM »
Hmmm I missed the bar tender suggestion. Funny you should mention that, I do actually own a bar and it would certainly do better than my employees. Luckily they don't frequent this forum LOL. It could be an interesting gimmick...until it become sentient and starts killing customers.

P.S. Well have a bar, but not open right now. Some kind of virus going around I hear.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 01:17:38 PM »
Hi,
rather more serious suggestion (than a cheap political shot) is to sell it. I would have thought there would be
businesses which could use such a robot and to such a business would be worth many thousands of dollars,
if you ca find tat business.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »
Do you have the RS PC interface module? OP panel 1 or 2? RJ1,2 or 3 controller?

Have you powered it up? Batteries okay in the Arm base? Depending on controller you might also have batteries on the main controller in the cabinet.

depending on options you can drive it as a CNC very easily.  There is even a platform that will import Gcode and stream it to the arm.  The onboard memory is way tooo small for anything more than normal use case.  You will have to drip feed "stream" the joint positions from a program on a PC.

and for fun mount a seat!!!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02827514781092031800
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I ended up not getting it. i left it to be re-consigned. That thing was MASSIVE!! Way too big for what I wanted to do. This is an automotive type robot.