Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:18:24 PM

Author Topic: G83 Peck drill cycle can't be stopped if R value is -ve  (Read 1210 times)

G83 Peck drill cycle can't be stopped if R value is -ve
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »
You may well argue that it shouldn't be -ve, but the fact remains that after it's plunged the tool at speed into the work, the Stop button ought to stop it!

What happens is that the Spindle does stop, but the cycle continues to the end. No amount of pressing Stop will make it stop. All you can do is hit the Emergency stop.

This may also be true for G81, but I haven't tried it.
Re: G83 Peck drill cycle can't be stopped if R value is -ve
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:04:51 AM »
Could you please give an example of the code ? Also need to know if you have the machine in G98 or G99 mode.

The machine must be stopped with an Estop if an emergency is encountered. Also the software is told the estop event happened not to preform the stop. We are doing final release testing so the sooner I can see the issue the more likely to get into the release.

Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:32:52 AM »
Okay I may not understand what your saying but what is a "-ve", Negative value ? I did check and you can have a negative r value and stop is working. The only other thing I can think of is that you have your R set to a lower point than your Z depth.

I tested the stop button and it is stopping. Also use the Rapid override and the feed override! They can save you! Bring the tool in slow and smooth. It is how I test all the code I do on a machine. 

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:38:44 AM »
I do see a bug in the G83 pecks if they peck is in the positive vector. I will get this sorted :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »
Thanks for looking at this. I'm not near the machine at the moment, but I do know that the first thing it did was a rapid plunge downwards below the start position.

For some reason nobody has replied to my other open question 'Fine jogging of A-axis issue', could you possibly look at that one for me?

Thanks,
Roger
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
Sorry roger looked real quick and didn't find it... post a link or ask it again and I will see if I can offer any assistance . Back to work for this cat!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »
Many thanks for looking into this.

Here's a link to the other issue I mentioned...

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=43665.msg281175#msg281175
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 12:15:05 PM »
You might want to try this cycle with L0 too, I think you'll find it just skips the cycle altogether. It's almost as if it's treating the L# as the number of repeats, rather than the delay.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 04:36:33 PM »
L is the repeat  and L zero should skip. This is how you avoid parts sticking up when drilling . This is in the manual :) I checked because I was worried I did it wrong! Graham was very adamant that this feature was in Mach4 before anyone got to use it !

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
Apologies, that does seem to be what that's for. I wonder why Mecsoft CAM for Alibre Design uses that for the dwell time That must be an error in the post processor.

I'm not sure why you would want to repeat the exact same drilled hole twice, but there must be a reason. Anyway, I've removed that from the post processor now, so it's not going to be a problem.
Thanks for looking.