Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:50:01 PM

Author Topic: New Wizard Idea  (Read 4374 times)

New Wizard Idea
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »
So I was cutting Shaun Wainford's digitizing probe housing with NFW and was pretty successful cutting the various pockets, grooves, and drill patterns necessary.  I LOVE the wizards btw, the g-code they generate are impressively accurate and efficient and produce really clean results.

However, one wizard I kept wishing for is one that can pocket around a circle.  I.e. - perform a spiral circle pocket as usual but the ability to leave the inside n-inches uncut such that you could leave a raised circle in the middle of a pocketed circle.  I accomplished this with some effort by chaining concentric circular groove cuts with circles 1/8" larger than the last (using a 1/8" mill) until I reached my finished outside diameter.

Any chance of adding a new wizard or modifying the current circle pocket wizard to include a "leave inside n-inches" value?  Thanks.

- Alex O.
Re: New Wizard Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:30:57 PM »
I think the circular groove screen would be best to handle that. Right now it just cuts one tool diameter wide, but it wouldn't be hard to make that do a wide groove.

Ill see what i can do.