Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:14:15 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Cycle Start Button Won't Work  (Read 897 times)

Mach 3 Cycle Start Button Won't Work
« on: December 29, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »
First time setting Mach3 mill up for a mill I'm building. Initially the RESET button kept flashing and wouldn't stay green so I disabled my E-Stop button (which I will connect later). Now my RESET button stays green when I click it but when I load and try to click on the CYCLE START button it's all grayed out and won't start. I don't have anything connected to my controller board, I just want to make sure it's talking to the computer correctly and hear the relay click on/off when I hit run. Is it possible I need to configure more inputs or is there a dialog box somewhere that tells me what is holding it up from running? In the YouTube videos I watched from a clean install it just worked but not sure what they had connected.Thanks!
Re: Mach 3 Cycle Start Button Won't Work
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 03:56:33 PM »
Also, when I try to run the "Driver Test.EXE" it tells me "No Driver Sensed installed. Run Driver Test." I'm running windows 8 64-bit
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:04:34 PM by brightnight »
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 06:18:03 PM »
Diagnostic page attached
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
When loading some of the sample G-Code my path generation windows starts but never shows progress or finishes, and is not displayed correctly in the toolpath window. As suggested on other posts, when I hit RESET and then REGEN TOOLPATH the path generation window comes up again but never shows me any progress or completes. I think this is the reason for my problems but haven’t found any solution other than reinstall Mach 3. My G-Code shows up in window where it's supposed to, however the toolpath never shows up. I've also "disabled M" while loading as suggested in another posts. Still no toolpath.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:22:02 PM by brightnight »
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:11:51 PM »
6 hours later I figured it out. I needed to check a plugin in the plugin config box. Running this on a 64 bit computer and appears to work fine with an external motion controller. Booted up an old 32bit OS and ran Mach 3, and everything including the tool path perfect from the start. Also found a really helpful page below which gave me the idea to try a 32 bit computer and then to do more reading:

https://rckeith.co.uk/mach3-parallel-port/

Hope this helps someone else in the future.