Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:53:03 PM

Author Topic: Disable cycle Start button using external input  (Read 787 times)

Disable cycle Start button using external input
« on: December 08, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »
Hi guys,

This is probably simple, but how do I disable the Cycle Start button using an external input? I see there are multiple 'Enabled States' states for the button in the screen editor, but I want to also disable this button based on an external input to my Hicon controller. Can this be done?
Re: Disable cycle Start button using external input
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
Hey,
So you can probably do by getting the screen property, but you could also just edit the Cycle Start function to not run unless the input is active. 
I have a small mill in the shop that I messed with the Cycle Start function to not run unless all axis are homed.  I just added in another "if" statement in the function.  If one of the axis aren't homed, set a message telling the operator to home the machine. 
That's just one option.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I ended up doing as well, as I couldn't find a way to add another enabled condition for the button.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 05:15:43 PM »
You would have to get the scr.property of the button and probably have to use the PLC script to set the property of the button's state based on the input signal.
I like editing the cycle start function better (Personally) because I leave a message for the operator as to why you can't start the machine.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 05:25:35 PM »
Yes, I agree with you 100%. Error messages are nice. Thanks for the tips!