Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:15:01 PM

Author Topic: I have a couple of questions  (Read 4496 times)

I have a couple of questions
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
I'm using G100 with mach3, most of the things are, can jog, home, run programs but I have some issues
1-how to change direction of an axis?,I have tried to change Dir under port configuration with no difference.
2-when I change the homing direction(neg) of x axis to home towards the negative direction, it will chick fine but will return back to off by itself later
3-when I run some gcode, Z-axis will offset 1 inch up by it self!!!, do not know why, also DRO shows funny reading, suppose it show the current z position, but it gives different reading
I notice also that other axis may offset by themselves, though machine is smooth and everything else is ok
4-can I assign more input pins to E-stop?
5-can I send a pulse out of digital output pins to reset some devices?
6-can I add some delay to output pins?
sorry, enough for now, hope to find some answers..thanks in advance
Re: I have a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:06:28 PM »
nobody wants to help...
I thought it is a support forum..

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »
nobody wants to help...
I thought it is a support forum..

You know, you could have saved a little time and just typed "bump" there.  ;) If you feel you need assistance quicker, I'm sure someone would give you priority tech support for a fee.

1&2 After changing your direction and homing direction, did you flash the G100? I'm not sure about this and will have to do some test.
3 Do you have safe z enabled?
4 You can assign more pins to e-stop, this is not recommended though. I would wire all e-stops in series to normally closed contacts.
5 Give more detail of what you are trying to do, what devices you want to reset.
6 What output pins are you wanting to add a delay to? What do they control? The spindle is very easy to add delays to, others may take a brain or work to your macropump.

Post your XML for us to look at.

Brett 

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:53:13 PM »
thanks for replay.

-I did not know I need to flash G100 after changing axis direction or homing direction because it did not offer me this option as it does in motor tuning screen,I thought it may be the software side (Mach3), so I'll try after changing the axis and homing direction to flash the G100 from the motor tuning screen

-I do not have safe Z enabled, and I do not know  what it is for, I'll try it though

-I want to reset the servo amplifiers and the Pixie boards, so I need a pulse output, what I did at the moment is to use external pushbutton

-I want to add some delay to one of the enable pins, because z-axis is fitted with a brake, so I want to make some millisecond delay between releasing the brake and enabling the servo drive, otherwise it may trigger servo error at the Pixie board

once I get the XML file I'll post it, cause I do not have access to machine at the moment

note; I did not understand what do you mean by typing "bump" ???
regards
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 04:45:14 AM »
I have attached the xml file for you
regards