Hello Guest it is May 10, 2021, 09:24:33 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 with analog drives not working.  (Read 275 times)

Mach 4 with analog drives not working.
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:27:39 AM »
Hello

I have had to do an upgrade to my machine because of a failure in m motion controller card. I have installed a Vital System DSPMC/IP V3  controller, and have upgraded Mach 4 to the latest version 4.2.0.4300. I have installed the plugins for the controller into Mach. In the plugin configuration (Hicon 2.50.12), motors have been configured for control output type - Analog
  • (* is motor number).

Mach 4 is unable to control or command the drive movement with this configuration.

I am able to drive motors in both directions by issuing a voltage output command on the appropriate analog output channel, so I can confirm that the DSPMC board and analog channels as well as my drives are functioning. Just no control from Mach4.

I have another system that functions with analog drives but is with older version of Mach4.

Has analog functionality been removed or am I missing something?

Tks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,322 2,322
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 with analog drives not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:28:31 AM »
Mach4 only tells the Hicon what to do the Hicon is in control of the motors so my guess is you need to correct the config in the Hicon
Without engineers the world stops
Re: Mach 4 with analog drives not working.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »
please let us know about the analog
i never try this ,but i hade several old machines that need do retrofit and they use analog