Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:09:19 PM

Author Topic: Newbie Mach4 ShuttlePro Setup  (Read 2210 times)

Newbie Mach4 ShuttlePro Setup
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:31:48 AM »
Hi All,

I just bought a used Joes CNC machine with an old ShuttlePro (silver colored). The ShuttlePro worked with the old Mach 3 setup that came with the machine. After upgrading the machine to use my HiCON Integra controller and Mach 4 I'm trying to get the ShuttlePro working. The machine works with the Mach 4 GUI jog buttons. I enabled the ShuttlePro plugin and followed the YouTube video for ShuttlePro setup. When I pop up the dialog to map a ShuttlePro button nothing happens when I press buttons on the ShuttlePro.

I installed the official Contour ShuttlePro drivers for Windows and confirmed all the buttons and wheels work. My PC is running the latest Windows 10 version/patches and Mach 4 v4.2.0.4300.

Searching the forum for ShuttlePro postings I don't see any specific help on initial setup of plugin, drivers, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Re: Newbie Mach4 ShuttlePro Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 08:44:32 AM »
Update: I bought a black ShuttlePro v2 and it worked perfectly out of the box with Mach 4 on Windows 10.

Looking at the silver ShuttlePro (Model SP-JNS) vs the black ShuttlePro v2 the Mach 4 software must not be coded to recognize the silver ShuttlePro. One thing that is very different between the 2 devices is the USB device vendor ID (VID) and product ID (PID) values. These ID values are "burned in" at the factory and can't usually be updated or corrected with a device firmware upgrade.

Old silver ShuttlePro (SP-JNS)
USB Vendor ID: 05f3
USB Product ID: 0240

Newer black ShuttlePro v2
USB Vendor ID: 0B33
USB Product ID: 0030

Anyone trying to use an old silver ShuttlePro should not pull out any more hair and just get the black ShuttlePro v2 device. I bought a new black ShuttlePro v2 for $99 from B & H Photo https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Don't *think* you are getting a deal on eBay. I saw the same black ShuttlePro for well over $100.

Thanks to several forum members who responded through private messages and the NewFangled email support.

Ken