Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:01:34 PM

Author Topic: "Reduced Timer Socket" rate warnings  (Read 1896 times)

"Reduced Timer Socket" rate warnings
« on: December 03, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
I am seeing many "Reduced Timer Socket transmit rate" warnings in the HiCON console window. My machine appears to be behaving okay.

The HiCON controller is plugged into a 100 GB 5-port switch along with the Windows PC. The switch uplink is connected to an NetGear Orbi wired port and then on to my Spectrum 300 Mbps connection to the Internet. The network cable used to the HiCON is designed for Ethernet with CAT5 UTP printed on the cable.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or tune some setting to reduce the amount of warnings.

Thanks,
Ken
Re: "Reduced Timer Socket" rate warnings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:30:15 AM »
This is to with the PC not being able to run fast enough usually laptops have this issue. Sometimes windows updates or a complete system reset may help reduce the problem. Another cause is that there are other applications running on your computer which is using up the CPU time or also a virus is taking up the computer resources. But as long as you are able to run your machine this is not really a big problem even if the messages are displayed.

One easy way to fix this is you can reduce the Polling Frequency with increments of 5Hz - 10Hz until the message on the debug screen does not appear. The setting is found under the System tab of the HiCON Config plugin.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
It's weird. I did not have that problem before moving the HiCON controller to another CNC machine. The other significant change is PC also got the latest Windows 10 updates.

It's the same Windows 10 desktop system and nothing running but Mach4 on the box. It's an AMD A10 desktop system with 8GB of RAM and 120 GB SSD Sata3 drive. Performance has not been an issue in the past.

Has Vital tested the 7866 the latest Windows 10 patches (Windows 10.0.19041)?

I will try reducing the polling frequency and see where I get with that.

Thanks,
Ken
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 11:59:28 PM »
The polling frequency was at 80 KHz. I set it to 75KHz and the errors went away. Is 75 KHz a reasonable polling frequency for a 3 axis mill?
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:33:57 AM »
It is fine.