Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:02:56 AM

Author Topic: MACH 3 WILL JOG BEAUTIFULLY BUT WILL NOT RUN G-CODE  (Read 1595 times)

MACH 3 WILL JOG BEAUTIFULLY BUT WILL NOT RUN G-CODE
« on: November 22, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »
This is a win 7 32 bit system I have been using for a few years, One day my machine just quit running code. The code scrolls, the dro's move but the carriage does not. I have tried almost everything. I thought it was my controller board so I scrapped it(not really I still have it) and went to a 4 individual drivers and those are HY DIV268N drivers and I believe that my new controller card is a JK02 mk5 5 axis control board. I am using a single 24 volt 10 amp power supply. My mach 3 is a licensed copy, and I am using rev3.043.066.  I am almost at my wits end and I come here humbly looking for some assistance. My machine is set up in mm, no exotic screensets, When I changed the drivers I also created a new machine in the Mach startup and started from scratch but alas I still have the same issue. I can jog like a madman but as soon as I select start cycle, the motors make noises but nothing moves except the dro's. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give. I need this machine up and running again for the xmas rush.
Russ
Re: MACH 3 WILL JOG BEAUTIFULLY BUT WILL NOT RUN G-CODE
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 07:55:18 PM »
Start with the easy stuff.   Save your profile file, then delete and reinstall mach 3.   Put the profile folder back in the new mach 3 installation, and test it out.

If that doesn't work, look at your pc to breakout board connection.  Check the breakout board for power, etc.  Check each component. 

Any recent pc hardware changes or software updates?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:00:02 PM by Ken226 »
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 12:05:37 AM »
Boy do I feel stupid, that is what I should have done from the start. Geese I bet my old board is not doa either. :o . I did as you suggested ken226 and I am back in business, go figure.
Thanks again.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 12:15:33 AM »
Boy do I feel stupid, that is what I should have done from the start. Geese I bet my old board is not doa either. :o . I did as you suggested ken226 and I am back in business, go figure.
Thanks again.

No worries. I've been there. 

My machine acts weird with some versions of mach3, and runs like  a Swiss clock with version 3.043

It's running so good now that I posted some videos in the cnc machine show n tell section.  Check em out.

Glad I could help.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 05:13:42 PM »
Hi, im new to cnc and just got my second hand machine recently off a family member, im having trouble getting the machine to operate . I purchased mach3, moved the profile folder to the mach3 installation folder as instructed. I have copied all settings from the Config toolbar from my uncles old set up for this cnc (that have not been changed since) everything is the same except for system hot keys (it wont allow me to change them).
im using windows 10 64bit, have an ethernet connection that is set up the same way as it was when operational at my uncles.

The Problem
I can open mach3 and load gcode, when I press cycle start the code starts to move so do the dros but the machine doesn't. When I press the arrow keys there is also no movement.

Im sure there is much more information needed to help me with this problem but as im a beginner I don't know what else to include.
any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »
Hi, we need pictures of the controller, machine, config screens and then we may be able to help.
Without engineers the world stops