Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:36:26 PM

Author Topic: Can I used Mach4 on multiple computers?  (Read 1363 times)

Can I used Mach4 on multiple computers?
« on: November 19, 2020, 08:58:57 AM »
I’m confused ! I currently have a lathe and mill both running Mach3 on the same license here at home. I am planning on building a router table and want to use mach4 on it. I also want to upgrade the computers on my lathe and mill and want to run mach4 on them also. This means I will have 3 separate computers all running Mach4. Do I need to buy 3 licenses?
Re: Can I used Mach4 on multiple computers?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 09:45:40 AM »
The license for Mach4Hobby states that you may put it on up to 5 computers for non-commercial use. The license server will track how many licenses you have created. Internet connections are not needed for the software to run, only for installation.

It relies on an honor system for owners outfitting commercial production machines to purchase a license for each machine.

Computers used for testing and CAM verification are considered non-commercial use.

Licenses are self managed using the MachSupport.com web site and you can add and delete licenses as needed.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 02:40:19 AM »
I found that my pc that I use on the lathe only has a video card integrated into the processor.
i have the option to add a video card, 1 pcie slot is empty.
if i add this hardware, will i have to enter new license?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:22:22 AM »
I don't think this will cause the machine to have a new PCID which is what will cause you to need to enter a new license.

Most users have self managed licenses and would be able to go to MachSupport.com and log in to create the new license. If you already had the maximum number of concurrent licenses, you would need to remove one of the old ones first.

If you do not have a self managed license, consult with the company that issued your license.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com