Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:35:04 PM

Author Topic: MACH4 4th axis Limit switch  (Read 1364 times)

MACH4 4th axis Limit switch
« on: November 04, 2020, 12:46:33 AM »
Good morning All

I have done some searching on the forum but cant seem to locate anybody that needed help with Rotary Axis Limit switches.

I'm needing the limit switch to be active during homing(this works) but then during normal rotary operation the axis should be able to roll past 360degree without triggering the home sensor or at least ignore it.

How do I go about this? any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance
Kind regards
Marne
Re: MACH4 4th axis Limit switch
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 03:00:02 AM »
Hi,
why does it matter if the home sensor is triggered, the only time Mach will do anything or act on a home signal is when its homing.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 03:12:41 AM »
Not in my case....when machine reaches the limit switch after 360 or -360 it stops machine.

so Cant do multiple A axis rotations as the machine stops when reaching limits switch again.  I think what is needed that the Axis Limit override must become active for the rotary axis only but that in not the behavior I see.

Kind regards
Marne
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:18:10 AM by mint.cnc »
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »
Hi,
that is the advantage of having separate home and limit switches.

If a home switch activates Mach does not care except when the axis is being homed. Limit switches should always be active,
UNLESS you specifically disable them to perform a certain operation and then reinstate them immediately after.

Unless your motion controller has very limited inputs available why not have separate homes and limits? All of the industrial machines
I've encountered all have separate limits and home switches.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »
Do you have it assigned as both a limit and home input signal for that motor in Mach4?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »
I have set up a few 4th axises. Why do you need a limit of any kind.
All the ones i have set up I had a home switch only and mach only recognizes that on homing.
How is it set up in you config? Go into diagnostics operate the switch and see what lights up.
You should only see the home switch lit.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 02:49:33 AM »
Mach may see the homing signal light up, but it does absolutely nothing with it.  Homing is the responsibility of the motion controller itself.  If the switch isn't also being used as a limit, maybe the motion controller is seeing the home switch light up and stopping movement?  If so, maybe you need to talk to the motion controller manufacturer. 

Steve