Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:08 AM

Author Topic: Need Help - Mach4 errors w/ PMDX-424  (Read 2747 times)

Re: Need Help - Mach4 errors w/ PMDX-424
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 12:53:02 PM »
Yup, I guess I learned the hard way. Should have just went ESS or Pokeys to begin with... ethernet has been working great.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
rhtuttle
pokeys work with mach 4 both options usb and ethernet
you can read in pokeys manual but i also test it several times
but they also said bater use ethernet
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
I and another user tried the usb and it would not run consistently for either of us.  Top of the line computers and tried both usb 3 and usb 2 cables per their suggestion.  If you search other posts you will find several others that tried and failed with usb
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 01:22:14 AM »
Hello all,
I just recently have been having issues with the pokeys57cnc board and thought I would post here. I know this thread is titled PMDX, however, there seems to be some people with pokeys experience who have replied here.

I just started getting "connection re-established" errors with the pokeys57cnc nearly every time I hit enable in Mach4. Nothing has changed electrically or mechanically with my system and I am still running the same pokeys firmware and Mach4 release. I'm starting to think I may have a bad computer but would like to rule some things out before I track down a different PC that I can try.

For those of you running pokeys57cnc or any other ethernet motion controller, what static IP and default gateway are you using for the motion controller and windows network settings?

Thanks.
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »
ip 192 168 1 139
defoult gateway not touch
my computer is 15 m far from pokeys card and no any connection problem
only problems i mat when the net cable is not good  ,try replace it try use Cat7
this point is real very staible in pokeys so try find the solution in yours wiring

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2020, 09:23:44 PM »
My computer is 2ft away. I've tried 3 different cables and a bunch of different ip addresses. From my understanding, the default gateway does not matter at all for pokeys connection, correct?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »
correct
try reaplace net card,
maybe you have any electric problem? when you hit enable i believe there some device go power(like z brake)
maybe one of them make the electrick fall ?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »
OK Kind of went through the same with my PMDX USB controller but not so bad. In Windows go to Device Manager you might need to do a Search for it as MS has decided not to make it a click on selection. Go to USB Controllers and / or anything related to USB and click on Property's and turn off all Power Saving! Its on by default in Win10 and as soon as I did that my problems were gone. PS Selecting this in Control Panel did not turn really it off... It said so, but not.

In retrospect I wish I would have went with Warp9 ESS as I had on my large machine with Zero issues and lots of support. Not so much with PMDX.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:30:17 AM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.