Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:54:05 AM

Author Topic: Running spindle causes false limit switch triggering  (Read 733 times)

Running spindle causes false limit switch triggering
« on: October 23, 2020, 01:22:24 AM »
I built pool cue lathe for someone and it worked perfect in my shop in Oklahoma but at his shop in Utah its triggering a false limit switch when spooling up the 220v spindle. The only differences is that the machine is at his shop now and is using a different computer. I never had this issue and it seems to be happening consistently at his shop. Im using NPN inductive proximity sensors for limit switches. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Running spindle causes false limit switch triggering
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
I built pool cue lathe for someone and it worked perfect in my shop in Oklahoma but at his shop in Utah its triggering a false limit switch when spooling up the 220v spindle. The only differences is that the machine is at his shop now and is using a different computer. I never had this issue and it seems to be happening consistently at his shop. Im using NPN inductive proximity sensors for limit switches. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Basically whenever I hit Cycle Start the spindle attempts to start for 2 seconds then stops, that's when I see that the limit switch has been triggered and when I go to the Diagnostics screen everything seems to be fine. The original poster built the CNC milling machine with Hybrid Steppers.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Running spindle causes false limit switch triggering
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
Is the computer and machine grounded together, you may have ground loop issues if not.

Just run a ground cable to the computer chassis and the control box and the machine to stop this.
Without engineers the world stops