Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:37:15 AM

Author Topic: Where did the Machine Diagnostic tab go?  (Read 1381 times)

Where did the Machine Diagnostic tab go?
« on: October 18, 2020, 02:42:59 AM »
My M4 is missing the Diag tab from the Operation Mode Tabs. Does anyone know how to turn it on? I setting up a new machine and am having input issues. Namely there seems to be a constant limit fault even though the switches are not triggered. I've have to disable the override to do any jogging and homing isn't working.

I'm new to mach 4 from easel. I've gone through as much of the new fangled and warp 9 guides as I can to get up and running. I googled, can't find the solution to this issue anywhere. I'm running the warp9 recommended:
Mach4 Hobby version 4.2.0.4517
ESS plugin build 260

Ty
Re: Where did the Machine Diagnostic tab go?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 05:19:05 AM »
Hi,
some screen sets have a Machine Diagnostics tab and some do not. The screen set in use is in the lower right hand corner
and your screenshot is of wxRouter.set.

Try wx4.set or wx6.set.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »

Try wx4.set or wx6.set.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your help. You're right, there is simply no Machine Diagnostics tab in the router set. Its odd because I don't see a reason to exclude it. I'm not sure if its easier to add it to the router set or try to remove an axis from the wx4 set.

Anyway after switching to the wx4 set, I was able to see that all my switches were firing when inactive. Easy fix by changing the input logic. But I read that limit switches are safer if set to active high. Is that true? Or do they just need to be NC?

For reference I'm using the ESS with the PMDX 126. NPN swicthes wired NC. When the input logic is set active low the swicthes and mach 4 work as they should.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »
Nevermind. I just realised I bought normally open sensors, even though I knew I needed NC. :(

What are NO swicthes good for? I'll probably replace these with NC for the limits. I know the obvoius thing is homing, but I have several more NO switches. 

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 02:24:32 AM »
Just change the active low/high to suit your no/nc limits
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:27 AM »
If you open up the Mill profile go into the screen editor find the Machine Diagnostics tab in the tree. Right click it and select Export. Then open up your router profile, go into the screen editor, right click on MainTabs in the tree and select import, and then select the file you just exported it will add all the screen elements.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
If you open up the Mill profile go into the screen editor find the Machine Diagnostics tab in the tree. Right click it and select Export. Then open up your router profile, go into the screen editor, right click on MainTabs in the tree and select import, and then select the file you just exported it will add all the screen elements.

Thank you so much for the explainer! Every minute I can save with these helpful tips goes a long in helping me being able to use the machine to make stuff.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
Just change the active low/high to suit your no/nc limits

I did this and it works fine. But I'll probably upgrade to NC switches for safety at some point. I was wondering, where I can repurpose these NO swicthes I have. Obviously, I can use them for separate homing switches from NC limits switches.