Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:53:15 AM

Author Topic: MACH4 with ESS G73 not working correctly  (Read 1668 times)

MACH4 with ESS G73 not working correctly
« on: October 15, 2020, 11:50:09 PM »
Hello, struggling to figure out why my g73 high speed drilling cycle does not work, well it drills just doesn't peck. I tried changing Q value up and down and it does not affect anything, it just plunges not retracting until its completed. I can take the Q out of the string and it gives me missing "q" error so I know it is reading that value just not doing anything with it im guessing. Mach4 build 4517. I have been going around this by using G83 for now but that just takes longer and I'd like to be able to use g73 soon. Thanks
Re: MACH4 with ESS G73 not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:20:53 AM »
i think its not first time i saw here  user not happy with that G73
make M function as you need  ,its very simple ,why waste so many words on such simple problem?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean, so does G73 not work and everyone else just does and "M" function ? I don't even know what that is since I'm new to this CNC gcode stuff. I was under the impression MACH4 was pretty much a working solution but more and more seems its really a start and we have to figure it out as we work with it. being new to this I want the software to do what it's supposed to do, I want to machine stuff not learn programming language other than Gcode. Well I guess someone could tell me if this "M" function can be made to automatically generate by fusion360 post processor? thanks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
G73 is working fine for me.

Are you sure you are using the correct pecking cycle, G73 is a high speed peck where it stays down the hole and just jumps back 0.5mm or .020"

G83 is the one that jumps out of the hole and back in.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 09:02:15 PM »
yes I want to do g73 not G83, g83 works fine but trying to not go up all the way out on every peck. g73 for me just does done not pulling back at all, just drills straight down, no chip breaking, with a sharp drill bit you can see the chips just continue uncut, I watched the Z axis dro and there no Z pullback that I could see at all. I tried different values of Q and it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 05:27:52 AM »
G73 seems to be working OK for me.
Could you perhaps .zip and attach your problem Gcode file then we may be able to discover where the problem lies.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
According to the manual you need to set parameter 5114 which is the retract distance for high speed peck. Have you done this? It can be done in the parameters.ini file in your profile.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:25:20 PM »
SwiftyJ, your help is much appreciated, that was it. The value was set to 0. changed to 250 and ran perfectly the way I wanted it to peck.