Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:04:30 PM

Author Topic: Upgraded to build 4534 and single block does not work  (Read 1572 times)

Upgraded to build 4534 and single block does not work
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:03:46 PM »
Before typing this post, I made a search and found some information,

I doublechecked that the file single block is checked on the Cycle start and also checked that the single block button is enabled

Single block in a simple program without subroutines ins not working!

Please help

Re: Upgraded to build 4534 and single block does not work
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »

More information on the issue:

I upgraded because I had problems with toolpath generation and M0 instructions, this is the recommendation in the thread about that issue in this forum. I decided to upgrade to the latest buid.

I made some more investigation on my machine and found the following:

1- If I activate the single block before start running a program it does not work
2- If I click single block in the middle of the execution of the program, the execution stops at the next instruction and single block works as expected.

Using Mach4 with stock router window and pokeys plugin.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:33:46 PM »
Update #2

I downgrade to build 4835, the single block worked but the program was returning an error when using the touch probe

I installed build 4408 and now for what I use, looks that everything is working both the single step and the touch.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 11:35:55 AM »
Having the same issue. Running 4517 because that is what the ESS mfg recommended. I first tried turning single block on while program was running and it worked as expected. Then I added a G04P5000 as the first line, turning single block on while the dwell is active single block does NOT work.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 06:41:15 PM »
Will look at it but I can tell you I never use it :( . The guys are testing and fixing screens to get ready for a release . I will see if they have found the issue as well.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
Had a chat with the other guys and that should be all good in version 4580.  So check that and see if it works for you.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:28:43 AM »
As long as they're fixing screens how about having them add the 'Machine diagnostics' tab to the lathe set and fix the X axis DRO in the lathe set so that it is not read only and the 'help docs?' button always enabled.

RT
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 02:29:22 PM »
Also, please consider adding the wx4.set screen set back into the install so that people upgrading computers and Mach4 software do not suddenly find their profiles failing.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
we are not removing the set file so it should be OK

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »
I think it was missing from the last release build, 4300. Has it been returned to the beta builds since then?
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com