Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:25:58 AM

Author Topic: Transferring Mach4 profile from Windows 7 to 10  (Read 866 times)

Transferring Mach4 profile from Windows 7 to 10
« on: September 27, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »
I am trying to get a Mach4 profile from a computer running windows 7 onto a computer running windows 10. I sort of did the recommendation for upgrading Mach4 by copying my Mach4 folder to the new computer, and then installing Mach4 on top of that.
Looks like that's not the right method because I get the following error for all of the m4pw files.
Failed to load shared library 'mcLua.m4pw' (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)

Can anyone tell me what the best method of transferring everything over to a new computer is?

If I do it manually I know I will need to create a profile package and also transfer the screen file.  Is there anything else I need to do manually?  Will all of the macros and wizards be handled by the profile package creator? What about all the registers?

It seems like there must be a better way to do this. Any advice would be appreciated!
Re: Transferring Mach4 profile from Windows 7 to 10
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
Oops, just realized that I'm still getting this same error message on a fresh install of Mach4 without trying to transfer anything over!
Failed to load shared library 'mcLua.m4pw' (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)

I guess that changes my question to what is going on and what do I do now?
Re: Transferring Mach4 profile from Windows 7 to 10
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 06:12:43 PM »
I installed some windows updates and now everything seems to work! I don't understand how a lack of windows updates (which were not even turned off) completely derailed Mach4, but hopefully this rambling post will help someone who comes across this same problem.