Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:55:25 AM

Author Topic: Mach crashing when loading programs?  (Read 3583 times)

Mach crashing when loading programs?
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »
Just loaded mach onto a free computor I was given. Ive installed mach on two other computers and have had no problems. But with this computer. I reinstalled windows xp. and have nothing else running on the computer so its pretty much a dedicated machine. I can start mach up alright and everything apears to be fine. but when I go to load a Gcode file, It emediately locks up and I have to force quit the program and I cant restart it until after Ive shut down the computer and restarted. now upon inspection of the sticker on the machine I notice it only has about 128 MB of PC800 ram. so im assuming thats the issue. would anyone out there agree with me and what is the bare minimum required to run Mach.
Re: Mach crashing when loading programs?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »
alright well I take that back. I just looked at my other PC that has been running Mach for a year now and it only has a 447Mhz processor and 64 MB of Ram. so what else could be making it lock up.
Chris
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »
What OS are you running on the other system?
Is this system running XP Home or XP Pro?
I'm looking into PCLite's XPLite to cut out the extra junk that I'm not going to be using.
I have an old AMD K6-2 550 running Mach3 with Windows XP Home but I also went through the XP Optomisation File and did what I could to free up the system.
http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/optimisation%20XP.txt
I know it says ".txt" but open it in your web browser, it's much easier to read and print that way.

and yes, optimization is spelled that way at the bottom of the page.
http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/downloads/downloads.htm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:23:20 AM by Wm McNett »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »
Have you tried loading that exact Gcode file in the other PCs you say are running fine? What version of Mach are you running? Can you post the code for us to see?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »
yes Ive run the program repeatedly. I also tried other programs, and retyping in the editor and as soon I close it and it gos to generate a tool path. wammo.
as for the previous post. I am running xp home edition. Im running version 2.45
Im not going to post a code because it is any code that crashes it.
Chris
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 11:32:56 AM »
well I did everything on the optimization page and that didnt work. so I installed the newest version of mach and so far so good. so for now everything is A. Ok
thanks