Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:07:18 AM

Author Topic: probe problem G31  (Read 1133 times)

probe problem G31
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:53:51 AM »
so i am working with mach4 hobby version simulation
when i execute  G31 command it go down until the end , even so the probe is activated during the moving 
note: i activate the the input  by a button (not by an actual probe ).
best regards

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: probe problem G31
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »
If you are using the sim not a proper motion controller I do not think g31.x will work as the probing is done in the actual motion controller eg a smoothstepper there are others that work but please don not even think of a Chinese one it will only bring you grief

But do bear in mind when testing the probe it is a OPEN then it’s CLOSED  then OPEN when it reverses else the controller will throw a wobbly

If I have miss read your post please accept my apology
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 03:49:45 AM »
thanks a lot for fast replay
first i am using the G31 not the G31.1 command so can it work in the simulation environment (because  you said the G31.1 wont work)
Note: i am using a demo ver
second when i test it i tool in my mind that it open and close and then open again
last yes i bought a smoothstepper  :)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 05:21:46 AM »
Hi,
probing doesn't work in a sim environment, and that has nothing to do with demo mode either.

Probing is, and must be a realtime function and therefore MUST be handled by hardware. Consequently probing
CANNOT be accomplished in a sim environment.

I tried a while ago to have two or three keyboard keys assigned to Mach's probe inputs, and it worked....sort of.
As the input, and therefore the return value of the probe event depends on when you push the button it was so random
that no real meaningful testing could be done. I abandoned the effort is favor of the real thing with an ESS.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
yes you are right i have connect the board and try the G31 command  and it work
thanks a lot for every one who helped  :)