Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 stop mid job  (Read 1862 times)

Mach 3 stop mid job
« on: August 27, 2020, 07:02:24 PM »
Hi there everyone,
I’ve got an issue that drives me nuts. I’ve dealt with it for so long and I finally want to fix it.

Windows 7. Mach 3.

About 1 out of every 8 jobs, my job will freeze randomly. Never more than once per job. Mach 3 freezes. I can’t press any buttons, I can’t jog, I can’t do anything. So I take a picture of the screen, restart Mach 3, reprogram spindle locations, add “run from line” and pull up the last line and I continue from there. usually, this works and the job continues in the same position as it would have. However, sometimes it will be off about 1-5mm, and the job will actually continue in a different spot and the job is ruined.

Does anyone have any recommendations to trouble shoot?

No words to describe how much I would appreciate.

Thank you!
Alex

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 stop mid job
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 01:49:03 AM »
Hi Alex,

A freezing issue has been reported before on the forum and from memory it has always been when using Win7.

Perhaps a stupid question but could you possibly revert to using WinXP ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 stop mid job
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 11:20:16 PM »
Hi there everyone,
I’ve got an issue that drives me nuts. I’ve dealt with it for so long and I finally want to fix it.

Windows 7. Mach 3.

About 1 out of every 8 jobs, my job will freeze randomly. Never more than once per job. Mach 3 freezes. I can’t press any buttons, I can’t jog, I can’t do anything. So I take a picture of the screen, restart Mach 3, reprogram spindle locations, add “run from line” and pull up the last line and I continue from there. usually, this works and the job continues in the same position as it would have. However, sometimes it will be off about 1-5mm, and the job will actually continue in a different spot and the job is ruined.

Does anyone have any recommendations to trouble shoot?

No words to describe how much I would appreciate.

Thank you!
Alex
1. Are you using Parallel port? If yes, what is brand of your parallel port card?
2. Win 7 is 32 bits, RAM size, Video Card?, HDD size.

For Win 7,
1. You need to go to control panel, hardware & sound | power options and advanced and
turn off ALL power savings options.
2. Go to services and permanently disable, Windows update and Superfetch

Also
Open up your PC case and
Blow away all dusts from CPU Heatsink
Take out RAM sticks and clean contacts with pencil eraser or emery paper or fiber glass pen.
Get a better Parallel port card that supports 5Volts signals rather than 3.3volts.

Please reply and ask further, I will answer all questions

Reuel Teoh
(Chartered IT Consultant)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 11:22:06 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"